Overnight parking on Marine Parade (Dover) (1 Viewer)

ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I did a search for this, and got a shock when I first read the thread 'Motorhomes Cause Seafront Misery' until I realised it was referring to the Marine Parade in Devon...

When we go to France next month we sail at 8am on the Monday morning. As we've got to drive down from Newcastle we had planned on stopping over on the Sunday night on Marine Parade.

Is this still permitted? We camped at Hawthorn Road Caravan Park last time we drove to France; but this time it just seems a bit unnecessary if an overnight stop is available right on the ferry's doorstep (so to speak).

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi
We regulaly go accross to france and stay at Dover on marine parade. CCTV in opperation and regular visits from police. Quite safe as far as i am concerned, although there is the odd whino about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We stayed there for one night last November prior to getting the 8 am ferry. It was very quiet, loads of room, other campers parked there and no-one bothered us.:Smile:

Can't see any reason why it should be stopped - but then when did local authorities need a reason for anything??:Sad:

Marie

OP
OP
ricwig69

ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks all, that's good to hear. I still have a feeling that with the increasing use of height barriers on car parks coupled with councils' fear of the 'dreaded gyppos', the days of overnight motorhome parking in public places may be numbered. Good thing in one way, I suppose, bad in another.

haganap - 'although there is the odd whino about' - you say that like it's a drawback:Cool:. Mind, I must admit I prefer the singing/dancing wino to the maudlin/self pitying one (but not at 3am!). Still, it takes all sorts:Smile:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back