Overnight Parking in Dover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Pixie, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Pixie

Pixie Read Only Funster

Can anyone tell me whether you can park a motorhome overnight on Marine Drive Dover. I am catching the 5 am ferry and would like somewhere close to the ferry port to park for a few hours.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Pixie

You will find quite a few motorhomes parked on Marine Parade overnight, you will not be alone. There are time restrictions if you arrive too early you might have to get a ticket, I think parking is free between 6pm and 8am but make sure.

And a big welcome to MHFun, perhaps you will tell us about your trip when you return.

3. AlanVal

AlanVal Read Only Funster

We parked on the marine partade no problem but we arrived at 5.40 and a crabbit Warden homed in on us and we had to buy a ticket by then it was only 10 mins to go .However anything to keep the peace lol No other problems though and nice and handy for the ferry .

Val

4. Mark breen

Mark breen Read Only Funster

Just go to the port and get on the next sailing they may charge you £5.00 but you can sleep in the que if they are not sailing.
    They are very flexible once you have payed and even keener to get a little more.
    Have a great time!
    Regards "THE BREENS"
    :thumb:

5. jenmaha

jenmaha Deleted User

parking in dover

6. Brenintot

Brenintot Read Only Funster

Parking at Marine Parade Overnight for Ferry

We parked at Marine Parade late July last year, arrived at 7pm & left next morning for ferry at 8am, The local police patrolled throughout the night. I checked with them 1st if it was OK to park. There were about 5 other vans parked up by 11pm for the night. Its not the quietest spot as it is roadside parking, but it was free & served its purpose.

This year we have booked the 22.20h Eurotunnel & will try the camping aires at Calais next the Municipal campsite at the harbour entrance.

Regards
    Brenintot
    Chris Tottle - Photography: Welcome

7. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

Blimey!!

Hope you didn't mean 5am today?!! If so, then i don't think you will have much time left for a kip!

As others have pointed out....Marine Drive right on the sea front couple of minutes drive from the port. Can't miss it. Always a few mh's parked up