Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Does anyone know if Alton Towers allow MH's to park up overnight? We're gonna be going for a couple of days and would save having to find a CL or other site nearby, and the associated driving each day.
We recently went to Legoland and they said we could park overnight, but that we couldn't sleep in the MH!!!!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi
I am pretty sure they don't, but to be honest I have never actually asked the question.
There are a couple of nice sites near by but they do get quite full, one is within walking distance the other requires a drive. :thumb:

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi
I am pretty sure they don't, but to be honest I have never actually asked the question.
There are a couple of nice sites near by but they do get quite full, one is within walking distance the other requires a drive. :thumb:

Thanks. Might take the risk and try it. Out of interest do you know the name of the site that's walking distance?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
alton towers no overnight

we asked this last year and were told no, we found a campsite just the other side of alton but would not recommend , on arriving at alton towers we were at least 15 minutes walk from van to park entrance and decided to far to go back for lunch so did packed lunch and drinks to take , go to drayton manor as cracking campsite just next to park entrance , got shower block etc but no electric ( not a problem for us as solar sufficient ) , we go twice a year and kids love it as wooded area
we will be there next wednesday for 2 days before heading down to cornwall:shout:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
about a mile from alton towers

click here

We have stayed at the Star Campsite a couple of time over the last few years and found it to be excellent. Good facilites and a great playground for the kids (if you dont want any noise might be an idea to ask for a pitch away from the playground!!)

Its about a 5 minute drive to AT or a nice 15-20 min walk.

Enjoy :thumb:

mg123

Free Member
Mar 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Does anyone know if Alton Towers allow MH's to park up overnight? We're gonna be going for a couple of days and would save having to find a CL or other site nearby, and the associated driving each day.
We recently went to Legoland and they said we could park overnight, but that we couldn't sleep in the MH!!!!
ErrPaul - did it work?

planning on going in a panel van, newly converted. No windows, only a fan on the roof! Left me know.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Old thread or not - does anyone have an answer for our new member?

Can you overnight at Alton Towers?

Has anyone done it?

:giggle:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Looks like it's a no ☹️

6644BA3B-1903-48FE-BD79-B0F914DD82AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years

Above is a 10 minute drive at most, very nice site with fast WiFi, flat hard standing and hook up etc. Home made produce to buy and a lovely view out to a lake.

Home made stuff to buy in a little room and friendly owners.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
chaser lives near Uttoxeter maybe he has some ideas...... ???? (y)

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
There are a couple of campsites nearby from memory. As has been stated this was many years ago now, but I remember that we ended up staying on a CL nearby. It was around £5 per night and had electric meters on the pitches that you had to load with 50p pieces!. I can't remember the name of it though, so not much help there I'm afraid.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I think these Theme parks and similar are missing a trick. We have stayed at Disneyland Paris, Leolandia, Legoland Germany and happy to pay for the privilege of being onsite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back