Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I don't think you are out of the "cause use and permit" section of the law as a limited company.
Allan

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I don't think you are out of the "cause use and permit" section of the law as a limited company.
Allan

Your not but we never got a fine that high again. Think the going rate was £400 to £500 then and if it was a partnership they slapped it on both of you. BUSBY.:roflmto:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
MotorhomeFun Members on a day trip to France ........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• MHF Trip to France 1.jpg
    MHF Trip to France 1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 70
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Next time you could ask the Owner if he has an issue? He may be able to explain or he may need help if he has broken Suspension.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Next time you could ask the Owner if he has an issue? He may be able to explain or he may need help if he has broken Suspension.

They seemed to be still asleep and we had a train to catch. I don't think they would have appreciated me banging on the door! If they were loaded with booze I'm sure they would have told me where to go!:Blush:
Like any sensible motorhomer, I'm sure they would have breakdown insurance::bigsmile:
Mike

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
HAVE YOU WEIGHED YOUR MOTORHOME ON A WEIGHBRIDGE LOADED AS IF GOING ON HOLIDAY, INCLUDING DRIVER AND PASSENGERS?
Yes Dave, on a VOSA weighbridge. The big German employee weighed the front axle, rear axle, and then the middle axle. In the office I asked him how we were doing, knowing that I was within my limits, having uprated the weight. He said to me, "Vou have capacity vor vun packet of sandviches, and vun can of coca-cola". :ROFLMAO: "Vou can go home and vill tanks now". I told them that they were already full, ie, water, LPG, and diesel. He was quite surprised at that, as I still had over half a tonne payload spare. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Those Auto Sleeper models always look to be overloaded even when they are empty. Can there be a problem changing rear wheels when punctured?

Quite correct, we too have an A/S Suffolk and it always looks like that. And no ours isn't overloaded , (i've even checked), no it doesn't have an Alko chassis or a broken spring and yes it will be a pig to change a wheel.
Luckily it doesn't have a spare so it would become someone else's problem. You know the saying " a problem shared is a problem halved".

jon

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Yes Dave, on a VOSA weighbridge. The big German employee weighed the front axle, rear axle, and then the middle axle. In the office I asked him how we were doing, knowing that I was within my limits, having uprated the weight. He said to me, "Vou have capacity vor vun packet of sandviches, and vun can of coca-cola". :ROFLMAO: "Vou can go home and vill tanks now". I told them that they were already full, ie, water, LPG, and diesel. He was quite surprised at that, as I still had over half a tonne payload spare. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.
Plenty of spare capacity for a few cases of Speckled Hen at Peterborough then Jock.::bigsmile::thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Plenty of spare capacity for a few cases of Speckled Hen at Peterborough then Jock.::bigsmile::thumb:
I'm not sure about "a few cases" Brian, (you know me too well), :roflmto: but I am sure there will be a "Plooky Bird" about somewhere. Are you and Joyce up for one............neighbour? :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Obvious init...

Hasn't dumped his grey waste....:winky:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
If you are overloaded you will be there until you have off loaded enough gear to legalise it. BUSBY:roflmto:

Could take a while to drink their way through that overload. :ROFLMAO:

bugger. should have read thread through and would have seen this slant had already been done. Sorry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back