Over-wintering, in Spain and Portugal. (1 Viewer)

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Get the ACSI discount books. You'll pay a similar rate for short term stays as long term without the books. I'd think seriously about booking some sites. We've never bothered before but last winter most places were full. The French have been told not to go to Morroco and the Germans, et al, are avoiding the East. Consequently, Spain is busy.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you want longish stays, try the ccc ralies they can be cost effective. And imv a good place to start out. Two that we have used are La Manga. And Alcossebre.

I like wild camping, but swmbo does not, even though we did lots in the USA!,,

Pete
Am I right in saying that to join a CCC Rally, one has to buy their ticket across the Channel or pay a £75 fee for some stupid reason, (oh! yes, to increase their coffers)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Am I right in saying that to join a CCC Rally, one has to buy their ticket across the Channel or pay a £75 fee for some stupid reason, (oh! yes, to increase their coffers)
Yes thats true.We travel Portsmouth Bilbao and i am a member of Brittany discount so i just book a Dover Calais crossing (£52 ) with the club which we used at the beginning of sept for a trip to the Alps thus saving the £75 booking fee for our winter trip to Almafra..Mind you we are out there 77 days so if we paid its less than £1 a day taking fee up to about £13.50 a night,,still a bargain,,BUSBY :):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In my case I have been a member for years And they do my house and van insurances at a competitive rate too
They are or where the only ones to offer cover for over six months absences Essential when we were touring the USA.

Pete

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, looking for ideas ourselves. SWMBO, also preferes a site where a rally such as the ones that the CCC run.

Leaving mid January for a couple of months and looking for suggestions on which rally sites may meet our needs.

Apart from walking the dog, cycling on reasonably flat levels, sun, sea and sand, and wine etc, our needs are few.

Recommendations appreciated

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Hi, looking for ideas ourselves. SWMBO, also preferes a site where a rally such as the ones that the CCC run.

Leaving mid January for a couple of months and looking for suggestions on which rally sites may meet our needs.

Apart from walking the dog, cycling on reasonably flat levels, sun, sea and sand, and wine etc, our needs are few.

Recommendations appreciated
You could try La Manga which is good for cycling and plenty of dog walking. We have done the rally for the last 10 years but this year on the same site but not on the rally.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Not much outside the site at La Manga,,you can't really walk out on dark nights. I found it very isolated,,,BUSBY,

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Not much outside the site at La Manga,,you can't really walk out on dark nights. I found it very isolated,,,BUSBY,
That's why it's good for cycling and walking which is normally done in the daytime.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
That's why it's good for cycling and walking which is normally done in the daytime.
We like somewhere to go in the evening so no good for us,,,good job we are not all the same,,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Read somewhere that Spanish government were discussing having same time as Portugal,,,,Probably never happen,,,BUSBY,,
they talk about a lot of things here. Like no more fiestas mid week & puentes & viaductos. That all got quietly dropped just before the last election; speaking of which it will be 1 year next month since we actually had a government.:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back