Over Night Stopovers (1 Viewer)

S

Shubberdog

Deleted User
There is an online petition with a dead line of 23rd April
asking for consideration of over night stopping areas for motorhomes etc

I for one have toured the majority of uk costal towns and villages and have been appalled at local government and councils attitued to motorhomes and the like, I would therefore ask anyone with thoughts on this situation
visit the petition and sign up, lets see if we can get them to listen :thumb:

Link Removed

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
thats me signed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

B

Bronnie

Deleted User
Some lay-bys have signs saying `Caravans No Overnight Stopping` yet they are ignored by lorry drivers. Travellers take months to move off with Court orders. Why pick on caravans and campervans? In France some villages have overnight facilities for Motorhomes and the village pubs and cafes do a bomb with the extra trade it brings! Only in Britain is anything on wheels frowned upon.:Angry:
Ever tried to park in most major towns with a camper van over 2.4 mtrs high? I am lucky [lucky??] as I have a Blue Badge and park in the street, so boo to them!:ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I used to join in with this kind of thing, but now I getting a little worried about how much personal information is floating about that I myself have put on the net.

Just try searching your own name and other handles about you self!

Doug...

Lynn

Free Member
May 5, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 days
Been to site but quess what - During the official campaign period for the General Election the e-Petitions system will be closed to new submissions and signatures. The Government will also not issue reponses to petitions during this period.
So couldn't sign.:cry:

We both will sign when open again.
Lynn & Bert

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
These petitions are a total waste of time and just a con by the government to make you think they care.

Far, far better is to contact your local council and explain what we need. Tell them what they do on the Continent and how happy local businesses are to welcome free spending tourists.

Tell them to contact Teignmouth local authority to see how they welcome motorhomes.

Don't waste your time with Westminster (cough..spit!) speak, contact and make friends with your local authority.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
In France the FFCC (French Federation of Camping Cars (or equivalent) have a scheme under which a camping car can arrive at a campsite after 6pm and depart before 10am the next morning for a charge which on a 2* campsite is 8,50 Euros plus electricity. This is well used, as it allows motorhomers to use the campsite facilities (showers, toilets etc) for a reasonable charge, and enables the campsite owner to fill vacant pitches.

OK, there are aires around, but a scheme such as this operated by CC or C&CC could give everyone an option throughout the UK.

Just a thought.....

Bob

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
In France the FFCC (French Federation of Camping Cars (or equivalent) have a scheme under which a camping car can arrive at a campsite after 6pm and depart before 10am the next morning for a charge which on a 2* campsite is 8,50 Euros plus electricity. This is well used, as it allows motorhomers to use the campsite facilities (showers, toilets etc) for a reasonable charge, and enables the campsite owner to fill vacant pitches.

OK, there are aires around, but a scheme such as this operated by CC or C&CC could give everyone an option throughout the UK.

Just a thought.....

Bob

What a simple fantastic idea, one which we are certain would appeal to lots of motor home owners, funny how we sat chatting the other night over a bottle of red that how the majority of motor home owners want this sort of thing, yet the very places we stay don`t seem to recognise that, we spend so much time chatting to the owners of these sites aren`t they listening or aren`t we very adept at getting over our requirements.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back