Over cab beds - dimensions? (1 Viewer)

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
Which vans have the greatest overhead bed height or width? I'd originally planned to put our daughter up there, but am now leaning towards the bunkbed/garage combination and us two going up the little ladder instead :Smile:

I realise that some overcab beds have more clearance than others - it would be nice to have the option of sitting up and reading in bed (I particularly like the ones that have windows up there too). Could you tell me if yours is particularly good or bad, please?

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
overcab bed height

We have a Eura mobil profilia very wide king size and also plenty of headroom tend to have more room in the continental vans than uk built units.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have an elddis 130 on an 06 and the overhead bed is very comfy and has loads of room length and width but very little hight i am 6ft 1 and sleep up there with ease but cant sit up to read does have a widow and light though.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Beds

Hi we have a Burstner Aviano with a drop down bed there is plenty of room up there plus a window and two reading lights.Think I would agree with you that rear bunks would be more ideal for children.
Good look with your search-Sue :thumb:

e20rod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Ours is an Autoroller 700, the overcab is huge, one of the main reasons we bought it. We're not into making up beds every night and most fixed beds are quite small so the big overcab in the Autoroller was a major plus point. Its 'kingsize' wide and over 2m long. Height wise, I'm just over 6ft and can almost sit up in it. Tricky bit is finding fitted sheets big enough, any sources welcome!

Cheers,

Rod.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have the Mizar GTL living (2006 top class model).
It has fixed end/side bunks , an L shaped lounge seat that can make to a double another lounge seat that can be used as a shorter single, and the over cab luton.
We bought it for the layout as it is very roomy, with the swivel round front seats, and we dont have to make a bed up . Well apart from Isabel's , she sleeps on the L shape lounge seat. Jacob our eldest son is 6'1" and he sleeps on the bottom bunk with no complaints as well.
The luton is bigger than our bed at home. Its 2 very comfy single mattresses zipped together. I dont know the dimensions off hand, but use a king size sheet, and it just fits.
It also has 3 windows, fly screens/blinds to front and both sides.
We both read in bed and drink the odd cuppa. But you are not sat upright more slouched. There are twin reading lights to both ends , depending which end you sleep at.
Ralph and i sleep up there. Its very comfy not coffin like at all. I'm 5'11" and can stretch right out without my feet touching the end. It also tilts up , if you want when its not in use, which opens the lounge area even more. We were very lucky getting the right model , layout for us , the first time. We plan on keeping it till we dont take the kids with us everyweekend:thumb:
Bev

Kirstie

Free Member
May 25, 2010
Morecambe
Funster No
Exp
12 months
Ours is an Autoroller 700, the overcab is huge, one of the main reasons we bought it. We're not into making up beds every night and most fixed beds are quite small so the big overcab in the Autoroller was a major plus point. Its 'kingsize' wide and over 2m long. Height wise, I'm just over 6ft and can almost sit up in it. Tricky bit is finding fitted sheets big enough, any sources welcome!

Cheers,

Rod.

We have an Autoroller 600 - I bought superkingsize fitted sheets and they work a treat. From Matalan. :thumb:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07

Cheers,

Rod.

i can second this post we have the same van, lots of room up there, i had a lunar champ first and that was like a coffin in the pod

deniserobson1

Free Member
Oct 1, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2004
We have a Chausson welcome and our 11 year old uses the overhead bed as a "den". Plenty of room for her to sleep and store the various bits of paraphanelia that are deemed essential for each trip. Enough headroom for her to sit up there and play.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have 1998swift sunndance overcab/Luton type
standing inside looking out first half of bed
is firmer than the furthest bed
no room to sit up when I turn over
I elbow the roof but there is a window
have to get up to drinkmy tea
but then mrs ts fag smoke gets me up
and she is always up before me whenever I wake:thumb:

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
Thank you all. We've been for another look round today and it does look like the European ones are more generous. I've made a note of the ones you mention and am now matching their specs with the rest of my demands :Smile:

mavisangelica

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Newcastle
Funster No
Exp
We have an Autoroller 600 - I bought superkingsize fitted sheets and they work a treat. From Matalan. :thumb:

We have just bough the Autoroller 700 (pick it up next week). I was wondering about sheets for the cab bed. Was going to wait until I got it but now I will be making a trip to Matalan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back