Over cab bed economy/performance... (1 Viewer)

Mr Bridger

Free Member
Jan 4, 2015
South eastern France
Funster No
MH
About to buy....
Exp
New user
Hi. Mike here. A real newbie with pretty much zero experience apart from ownership of a Citroen C25 conversion from 1985 sold ten or so years ago....

I need to buy a motorhome for work and pleasure and am perplexed by the choices. The biggest choice seems to be the type (I don't even know what they're called in the UK, they're capucines over here) with a bed over the cab area. My concern is that they will drive like a drunken hippo, drink fuel and struggle to reach 70 mph...

So, bearing in mind my budget of around 25000 Euros (about £20K) what kind of performance (top/cruising speed and economy) can I expect from a Ducato over cab bed type van with the 2.8 (127 hp) motor which seems to be fitted to 50% of what's available over here in my price range.

Thank you in advance for your guidance..

Mike

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, we have a Bessacarr e425 with an overhead cab....you only notice it in high winds,
other than that you d`ont know its there. You can use it for storage ( its holds a huge amount ),
or for sleeping, its your choice.
If I keep to 58/60mph I get about 28mpg, if you drive any faster it drops to about 25mpg.
By the way mine is a 2006 model and the build quality is superb.
I had cruise control fitted and its a boom when on using on long journeys.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back