Free Member
Nov 6, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We're looking at getting our first motorhome which is 3.13m high and have noticed most filling stations are 3m high. Is there any problems with filling up in the lorry area or is there a bit of extra height that can fit under the car area? Love this motorhome but am just worried about the height as when we were in Wales the only filling station around had no lorry facilities. Hope this post reads ok, am exhausted as in process of moving house lol! Any advice on height issues would be gratefully received.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you go to Alnwick there is an archway through the town that will be too low for you.
I am pretty sure there is a way round though, same as Schlusselfeld in Germany the home of Morelo motorhomes, you approach the town and "oh heck" oh no its OK we can go around.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Errr, excuse me, I think it is the home of Concorde Motorhomes first Martin, then Phoenix and lastly Morelo, in chronological order. (y)

BTW have you seen this?

Upvote 0

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I must say we have done many toll roads in France over the years.We are 3.2 plus satalite dish , Only ever being quoted class 3 once and I pressed the button and told them I was class 2 camping car and they changed it to class 2 When they were all manned ,never had a problem I just pulled up and said Class 2 s'i vous plait . Job done lol. I nearly paid the price on a low bridge in Rowan ,I was following a lorry who was in a big hurry and I knew he was heading for Calais ,I was tight up behind him and just turned off quick unbe known to me to miss a low bridge ,I realised but was too late traffic behind me arc of a bridge in front of me it was 3.something ,did not catch the full height .I just swerved into the middle of the arch my chin was on the steering wheel waiting for the roof to come off or at least the satalite dish ,I just scraped through ,it must have being close ,a quick look in the mirror as I came out the tunnel ,The nearest car had dropped back and was 100mts behind ,He must have expecting my roof to drop on him .Needless to say ,Lesson learn't. ,have a different route now Lol

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We are 3.2 never had a problem with fuel yet but watch out for sneaky railway bridges in Hamworthy, Poole and Woodyhyde campsite near Swanage. I have seen 2 vans hit the Hamworthy bridge and we almost got caught out with the Woodyhyde bridge :LOL:
I conquered the entrance to Woodyhyde using a subtle blend of bravery and stupidity! :D we are also 3.2m, and the butt was clenched as we went in! :D

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have just used a few rolls in France and have been charged class 3 every time. Pressing the help button on these unmanned booths just hear a load of how to use blurb and stacks of beeping behind. :cautious:we are of course over 3 metres but if I can save a few € then all is good. (y)How do you contact them?:(

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Errr, excuse me, I think it is the home of Concorde Motorhomes first Martin, then Phoenix and lastly Morelo, in chronological order. (y)

BTW have you seen this?
They are in Aschbach Ken I was very careful with the geography, about 5 miles between Morelo and Concorde but only 100 metres or a graveyard between Concorde and Phoenix.

I hadn't seen the Vario(y), there should be a law against buying a nice van like that and then doing no miles.

Martin

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I stand corrected but Concorde's address is :-

Concorde-Straße 4,
Aschbach
96132 Schlüsselfeld

A bit like saying Guisborough is in Lackenby I guess or vice versa :rofl:

Doubt my laddo will get £55k for his 2002 Vario.

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
And I use the lorry pumps, they are faster, often the catch works too, and lorry drivers seem to be much cleaner in their filling habits than many diesel car drivers.

Ive used them with no ill effects.
As you say they are tidier as well.

Never been asked to leave a card behind the counter either. Maybe I have an honest face :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back