Over 3500kgs. What is the process for entering/transiting Swiss (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi all,

I appreciate that this question might fall down the cracks as this section of the forum is a little devoid of articles.

We have decided to go to Greece at the end of the forthcoming season and from what I've read so far, Switzerland is a better option for us than Austria with it's Go Box. (If I'm wrong on that, please feel free to comment.)

I've looked at the maps and viamichelin and it would appear that I enter Swiss landspace somewhere near to Basel.
Can someone who has done this with a motorhome weighing more than 3500kgs talk us through the process.
ie. Is there somewhere you pull up and produce your docs and visa card or what.

As usual, thanks in advance for any comments.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
I posted a decent link on Saturday so a search on Garda by Hilldweller will find it.

Thanks Brian, However?

I looked through that thread and couldn't find anywhere in it that gave me the info I need.
I also sussed out the route that got me to the yodellers but I would like to know, what happens to us heavyweights, no offence intended, when we get there.
The Swiss from memory are ultra effecient in their bureaucracy and no doubt that includes fining people who don't play by their rules.
Where, how, what manner do we register that we are in their beautiful country

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks once again,

I looked at the thread,"
travel time to Garda"

When I should have looked further down the threads to Italain Lakes. Doh!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Please don't worry about this it is very easy, nothing to do in advance .

If you enter via a major route then you will instantly hit a manned border crossing. You declare your weight and you will be pointed to a window where you present your log book and credit card .
We opted for a 10 day pass which is any 10 days in a year .
They give you the document with instruction and your on your way.
The document has 10 boxes on it that your are to sign and date every time you enter the country. Failing to sign it is big fines if you are stopped and have to hand it over.
I am pretty sure that the fee worked out less than teh the vignette and included the Gothard tunnel of you need it

It is very easy so don't lose any sleep on this .

Neil

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a small point - you need to sign and date it for every DAY you drive in Switzerland, not just when you enter. That's how your 10 days are used so in the OP case just driving through means you only sign for and use one day each way. But if you stay over you'll need to use more than one day.
Hope I haven't confused you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back