Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hoping that someone can give us some advice please. We are currently in Fussen and are intending to travel to Saltzburg and Innsbruck and then into Italy. Just prior to leaving UK on this our first trip to Europe we had our weight upgraded to £3740 kgs, we have only just realised that we now can't use a vignette for Austria. Can anyone advise us on how we proceed, are we right in thinking we need a GoBox and if so how do we arrange this and what are the costs we will be looking at?

We would be very grateful for any advice. Thank you.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Vehicles above 3.5t max. permitted laden weight
All vehicles above 3.5 tonnes maximum permitted laden weight and using the Austrian network of motorways and expressways must be equipped with an on-board device, the so-called "GO-Box". The GO-Box registers every passage underneath a toll gantry via a microwave signal. Campers and motor caravans that are above the weight limit are also subject to pay distance-dependent toll. (These vehicles have to carry along a GO-Box).

The GO-Boxes are sold mainly at the around 220 GO points of sale in Austria and neighbouring countries close to the border.

For detailed information please visit the website at: www.go-maut.at or contact the call center in Vienna, Tel: 00800 400 11 400 or +43 1 955 1266, Email: info(at)go-maut.at

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Call at any services displaying the go box sign (they are well signposted)either just before or just in austria and ask for go box. You preload with your credit card when you purchase it,then when just about to leave austria you call at a services and hand it back in, where any remaining credit is put back on your card. very easy and all instructions are in english as well. I think i put 100 euros on mine and got about 50 or 60 back. we entered at salzburg and left via Lichenstein. Dont know about swiss as the last time i made a run for it without anything,,after being ripped off at a campsite in zurich,, £52 for 1 night..
A friend of mine who is 4tonne always goes with normal vignettes, he's never had a problem.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back