Over 3.5t tag (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Some time ago I think I remember a thread about tags for moho over 3.5t. I don't know how to find the search function so I can't find it. Have gone well back on the pages here but still no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

OP
OP
teddybear
Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Sorry I know I not very good with computers etc, but do not seem to be able to find the right spot. So still not abe to find search

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
teddybear
Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks for the replies .According to the brochure the van is just over 3m , but, have been up the ladder and measured down (twice ) and it is 2.95,so am good for the height. But, it is 4.5t,therfore looking if there was a legal tag to use ,as the Santef one clearly says"up to 3.5t" .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the replies .According to the brochure the van is just over 3m , but, have been up the ladder and measured down (twice ) and it is 2.95,so am good for the height. But, it is 4.5t,therfore looking if there was a legal tag to use ,as the Santef one clearly says"up to 3.5t" .
Eurotoll

Martin

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp

We are 5T @3m and use the Sanef tag whenever we use the peage, always billed in as Class 2, makes life so much easier passing through the toll.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We are 5T @3m and use the Sanef tag whenever we use the peage, always billed in as Class 2, makes life so much easier passing through the toll.

Tut tut........naughty, naughty!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The truth is the Sanef toll barrier system is more sensitive to height than it is to weight, and even with height there's a bit of leeway.

I've little doubt ours will pass as Classe 2 when it's up-plated above 3.5 tonnes, but if I bought a Telepeage tag I wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the V5 was spot-checked. You do occasionally see Gendarmes and Customs officers pulling vehicles over after the toll barriers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back