Oven door won't open when hot!

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by 1Oll, May 22, 2012.

1. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Hi, we have the Autosleeper Amethyst. The previous owners didn't use the oven.
    We have just discovered the over door won't open, when hot. Without a nearly breaking the handle, two person pull.
    Anyone any suggestions.
    Brian in Sunny Macclesfield.

Spec. 1995 amethyst.
    Oven: Rose
    It's the slightly pinky cream original fitment, with separate hob.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Obviously, its a new Health and Safety feature. A very sensible feature too. My mum burnt herself on a hot rice pudding once, had she had this safety feature she would have been spared this unnecessary pain.

:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

this used to be a common problem, and was the catch not correctly adjusted. As I recall you remove the spring clip open it up a bit and reinstall. Be VERY careful forcing the door open as you will shatter the glass, another fairly common occurence. have repaired 3 myself, one of my own and 2 for friends, but it really was quite simple

4. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Lubrication!

Further to my post. Just lubricated the hinges and everything now as smooth as silk. I can't believe that it only required lubrication. At the same time I found that there was only one screw holding the inner door glass. One other found in the base of the oven. Still searching for two more!
    May be a good time for all early Autosleeper monocoque owners to check their oven doors.
    Thanks
    Brian.