Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Hi all! We're due to get our new MH (Buerstner Ixeo Time Sovereign 590) early August, and are looking at improving upon the dealer offered alarm/tracker option (Autowatch 458/Protector Pro).
Unfortunately, Vanbitz aren't able to fit us in till late September, and we don't really want to leave it without an alarm or tracker for that long.
What experience has anyone got of the Outsmart The Thief system? Or can anyone suggest an alternative?
Thank you!

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
We have the alarm system on our new van. Seems ok. Probably not as comprehensive as the Vanbitz system, no option for external led for example. Keeps insurance companies happy. :)

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have got to be honest, if you search for Vanbitz on the forum and read the comments about the quality and support for Growler & Strikeback systems you will see that it is head and shoulders above the other offerings. I think that you will find that the Vanbitz systems are the only system that has been specifically made for motorhomes and not a car alarm fitted to a MoHo.

I would wait until September and have full confidence in a system rather than regret rushing (what is relatively not long) and having a different alarm fitted.

I am sure others will give advice shortly.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Wait until September for a 'proper' alarm.

Vanbitz has a waiting list cos they're the daddies

Until then keep valuables out of sight and hope for the best

Upvote 0
May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
I'd vote to wait for a Vanbitz slot as well. We have exactly the same model van, delivered beginning of May. At the Vanbitz stall at Peterborough we were given an expectation of a August/September timescale. When we were able to make a firm booking we were actually given a slot in early June (probably due to a cancellation) so it may not be as long a wait as you might think!

Peter & Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have the Protector Pro global and wouldn’t be without it. It has tri band signal protection so shouldn’t be as susceptible to jamming etc and the App is very good and easy to use. I opted for the one off payment for the duration of my ownership as it works out much cheaper. Alarm wise, I waited til Vanbitz could fit me in as many others I looked into were not in the same league. You will be glad you waited the two months I am sure. If you can make yourself available at short notice and they may be able to fit you in if they have a cancellation.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back