Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
One year - summer and winter
My 2012 Sundance has no dashboard reading for ambient temperature and so it is difficult to know when it is getting close to freezing outside ( when one might drive more cautiously ) .
Curiously, it tells me the date and day of the week!
I am so used to my car having this feature that I really miss it,
Does anyone know an easy option for perhaps a wireless sensor and an interior gauge? :Sad:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a domestic insid/outside thermometer. It came from Lidl ages ago but there are plenty around. The outside sensor is in the gas locker near the drop vent.
It also has a radio controlled clock and max/min temperatures.

How about this one ? [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/iBoutique-Advanced-Wireless-Temperature-Humidity/dp/B00327G0MA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1362758824&sr=8-16"]iBoutique Advanced Wireless Weather Station With Indoor & Outdoor Temperature, Indoor & Outdoor Humidity Sensors, Moon Phase, Clock, Alarm Display etc.: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home[/ame]

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I had something similar if not thesame in my last M/H.
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
My 2012 Sundance has no dashboard reading for ambient temperature and so it is difficult to know when it is getting close to freezing outside ( when one might drive more cautiously ) .
Curiously, it tells me the date and day of the week!
I am so used to my car having this feature that I really miss it,
Does anyone know an easy option for perhaps a wireless sensor and an interior gauge? :Sad:
I got a all singing clock from ALDI inside temp /outside temp via a remote sensor I located it inside the fridge vent it also had a barometer all the functions we're bang on as I tested against other sensors fantastic piece of kit I thing it was about £20.00

Bill

OP
OP
B

Bohenny

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
One year - summer and winter
It is a while since I began my quest for a thermometer to read outside temperature for the Ducato - but I found a GARDMAN thermometer at a local garden centre. It consits of a 20 x 5mm sensor attached by a fine cable ( approx 1 metre ) to the main unit approx 8 x 6 x 1.5cm which records outside, inside and max / min temperatures .
It cost £13.95 and runs off a AAA battery and the wire is thin enough to go under the door seal or run through a similar small gap.
Just need to decide where to fit it now.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have the inside/outside weather station from Aldi. Its remote control and having first put the outside sender in the bottom fridge vent and found it was influenced by the fridge temperature I put it inside the roof aircon cover. Works perfectly and the weather station is now very accurate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have one of the Lidl devices as well and it works OK.

There is also a gauge built into the van control panel which seems to read accurately for external temperature but always reads -21C internal ::bigsmile: I have a small suspicion that the internal sensor is not quite working properly :roflmto:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL Graham. ::bigsmile:

Note to self - wear thermals if invited to visit GJH's van.

Bailey, it gets hellishly hot in fridge vents, are you sure that's the best place?

The one outside our van that reads out on the control panel, is somewhere in the drivers door mirror assembly I assume, cos if you look at such mirrors on ebay, the nearside one says 'without temp sensor'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back