Outside light over hab door has done a runner (1 Viewer)

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
We cruised on up to a lovely place called Urk at the weekend which is about an hour from us. It rained, a lot. It was VERY windy :(

On the motorway on the way back there was 'a noise' which we both put down to being a pan or pot settling down in the rear cupboards.

Got back to the storage place and... the bloomin outside light cover is gone! All four plastic brackets had snapped, I guess they were all perished from age and the last one gave out due to 60mph + huge winds.

I'm left with this and need to get a replacement ASAP. Anyone got any ideas where I might look??

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Let there be light

Hi, Melchior fit one of this type its called an eyelid type see ebay sorry I cant do a link but there only about £15 and just clean up the old covered area with a good polish and a blob of sikaflex :thumb:

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Dang I meant to title this "...outside door light COVER"
The light is still there, just the (€225!!) cover.
Do they really expect anyone to pay that amount for a plastic cover?

Anyway thanks for the ideas folks, I do prefer the thought of changing the light as well because it is pretty rubbish, so much so that we never use it.

Since I'm in NL, buying from eBay UK is something I prefer to avoid but I will attempt to find out the equivalent Dutch word for "eyelid lamp". So far all I've got is search results for makeup and facelifts :roflmto:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Dang I meant to title this "...outside door light COVER"
The light is still there, just the (€225!!) cover.
Do they really expect anyone to pay that amount for a plastic cover?

Anyway thanks for the ideas folks, I do prefer the thought of changing the light as well because it is pretty rubbish, so much so that we never use it.

Since I'm in NL, buying from eBay UK is something I prefer to avoid but I will attempt to find out the equivalent Dutch word for "eyelid lamp". So far all I've got is search results for makeup and facelifts :roflmto:

You will be surprised what comes up when you look for shock absorbers, :Smile:

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Clean it up and stick one of these on..Light with gutter.. kill two birds with one stone... :thumb:

£49-95 & free P&P...

E.Bay number...180761746346

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just remove it all and fit a led strip to it better lighting and cheap :Smile:

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Big shout out to Kenmore Caravans. I bought the LED light with gutter from them a couple of weeks ago. No problem for them to post it to Holland and it was excellently packaged. Unfortunately upon giving it a test fit I found that one bunch of LEDs did not light up.

Foreseeing a painful exchange, I grit my teeth and emailed them about it. Today came the reply which told me it was quite costly to ship here, not worth the cost to send it back. Check your Paypal account - we have refunded you the cost including the postage. Keep the light.

Incredible! I really imagined a battle to get the money back, especially since I'm oversees etc. Very pleasantly surprised!

Still got no outside lamp though, the hunt continues :roflmto:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Big shout out to Kenmore Caravans.

Still got no outside lamp though, the hunt continues :roflmto:

Good result for you, poor old supplier

Technically you have got a light, maybe not as bright as you might have liked

When you say a bunch don't work, how many do work out of how many in total? The LED's will almost certainly be brighter than the original bulb :thumb:

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Unsure how many in total but there is a group of three which don't light up.
This probably sounds very picky so I am donning my flame proof suit as I type this. I should say that my email to Kenmore was not of the whingy complainy type. It was more "Thought you should know, it doesn't work correctly, what can we do?". I thought perhaps the manufacturer of the light would want to QC inspect it or similar but perhaps not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back