Outside Accommodation For Retreiver (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Mel, just visualising large lab in papoose :D Hubby suggested a pole carried on a shoulder each with hammock slung underneath.:LOL:

One of these would do the trick - you can use it as a buggy or behind your bikes, and they come apart/fold for storage, the price is good including free delivery and a choice of colours!

$_57.JPG

Broken Link Removed

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Why not try a house sitter when you are away so your dog can then stay at home in familiar surroundings. or someone who can call in at your house several times a day so the dog can keep his usual routine?

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Mel, had a couple of dog ones on watch list but much dearer. I've checked weight and it's fine, now have to persuade hubby it's a good idea, he's convinced we won't get her in.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Mel, had a couple of dog ones on watch list but much dearer. I've checked weight and it's fine, now have to persuade hubby it's a good idea, he's convinced we won't get her in.
I purposely showed the 'kiddy' one rather than a doggy one as they are bigger - we used to have a standard kiddy one (just with the bike attachment though) and it was easy to put a large cushion in the base for the dog to lie on - the proper dog ones are, IMV, expensive as they aren't such good quality as the kiddy ones (not so much competition so prices are kept high) and a more restrictive size.

Below is the 'maiden' voyage with a couple of our dogs in, we still have Romy the 'heffalump' but Midge is the one in the other photos.

PICT0009.JPG
PICT0010.JPG

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have a similar thing for sale. Will see if I can find a photo of it.

This is the best I could find. It was £60 new last October and we have used it once. It is the sort you attach to your bike, not the push along.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Pardon my language but this has a rear entry which might be easier. On ebay they come anywhere between £500 (!!!) and £150

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Have you spoken to your vet about your dog being so nervous? Our retriever was terrified of fireworks and my vet gave me some tablets to calm her, it may be worth a try.

We currently have 2 cairns and Tilly our smallest one is very nervous in the RV so I bought her a cosy bed and tuck it behind my seat. She settles down and sleeps now. It did take a few journeys.

I do feel for you, you're caught between a rock and a hard place. My thoughts are with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back