Free Member
Nov 15, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
Since August 2015
On a functional note, particularly useful when staying off site, most disposal facilities don't like or don't take the blue or even green toilet additives, you need to use nothing or bio washing stuff

All the ferry terminals have a disposal facility for black and grey waste, and most have water available, possibly a good idea to get a spare cassette for a long stay if not going on sites, that is why we use a combination of sites and not, we also have a black tank so can go longer without needing to empty. We also carry an additional cassette, just in case, or it has been used to decant from our black tank to an elsan point where there hasn't been a low level drop option

There isn't a chemical loo disposal point at Tarbert :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
There isn't a chemical loo disposal point at Tarbert :-(

do you mean no loo dump, or just not because it has chemical in it? Most of the islands ban or don't like chemicals

I did think all ferry terminals had, did you ask, or could you not find it? they are often just a stainless steel box with lift up cover (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Its worth getting Peter Mays trilogy ,they are novels but put your mind into the setting of the Islands,ive done a fair bit of scuba diving and sailing around the hebridean islands but have to admit that ive spent very little time on the Island themselves ,im heading to Scotland in September for a couple of weeks ,cant make my mind up where to go

OP
OP
DABgp

DABgp

Free Member
Nov 15, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
Since August 2015
do you mean no loo dump, or just not because it has chemical in it? Most of the islands ban or don't like chemicals

I did think all ferry terminals had, did you ask, or could you not find it? they are often just a stainless steel box with lift up cover (y)

We spent ages looking and finally asked in the Terminal office. They said they had been asking the local council for this facility for ages, to no avail. Our campsite suggested we used the public loos by the visitor centre, which we did, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We spent ages looking and finally asked in the Terminal office. They said they had been asking the local council for this facility for ages, to no avail. Our campsite suggested we used the public loos by the visitor centre, which we did, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do.

Not sure why you didn't dump before leaving the campsite? even with our black tank having much more capacity we dump whenever we can

Thanks for the heads up ref Tarbert though I could have been caught out (y)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I asked at the ferry terminal at Tarbert and they said the nearest dump was at the ferry terminal at Leverburgh. That one's free and available to anyone - although it was completely blocked the last time I was going to use it.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Nothing listed for Tarbert...
Sadly, no - I hoped to save you time searching for something that doesn't seem to exist.
As so many MH's & caravans seem to be visiting the islands, maybe now would be a good time to gather some stats to present to the council, to back up the Terminal office?

OP
OP
DABgp

DABgp

Free Member
Nov 15, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
Since August 2015
Not sure why you didn't dump before leaving the campsite? even with our black tank having much more capacity we dump whenever we can

Thanks for the heads up ref Tarbert though I could have been caught out (y)

There was no facility at our site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back