Outdoor cooking. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Having had a outdoor gas point fitted as part of the deal, just wondering how many people cook mainly outdoors and on what sort of cooking equipment, there seems to be lots of options...

Thanks

Steve

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We do a lot of cooking out side but usually only when the awning is up..
If no hook up we use a Cadac ( bought at the Haganap Bring and Buy .. cheers Paul :thumb: )

If on hook up we use a double plate hob, a large halogen cooker, a slow cooker, and a one person deep fat friar ( That does NOT answer to the name of Tuck and has no connection with any men in green tights )

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We use a Cadac Safari Chef connected to our Gaslow supply.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If no hook up we use a Cadac ( bought at the Haganap Bring and Buy .. cheers Paul :thumb: )

If on hook up we use a double plate hob, a large halogen cooker, a slow cooker, and a one person deep fat friar ( That does NOT answer to the name of Tuck and has no connection with any men in green tights )

Same here. My wife also swears by her Ramoska whatever that is.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Cadac for us too-using just the paella pan for everything,cos it's the only thing that covers the whole of the burner unit so that we get no grease etc inside.::bigsmile:

Would like details of a double plate hob though,as all our cooking at moment uses gas.

Mike.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is just one of those cheapy things with a couple of hot plates on it, one larger than the other..
The smaller one is 800w and the larger 1200w
We chose it so we could use at least the smaller burner when abroad on even the lowest EHU's around
I believe it was £21.00 though I have seen some in cheapjack shops for well under that since.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are covered for several eventualities. Remoska, Double skillet pan, and Cadac Safari off the BBQ point.:thumb:

Remoska is brilliant and only 470 Watts. Vey versatile, bake a cake, cook chips, make a stew.

In fact it was such a nice day on Sunday we had brunch cooked on the Cadac - Paella pan.

As Mike says all the grease stays in the pan thus not clarting the burner up.:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I use a cast iron "boy scout" double burner which I plug into the exterior gas point.... put on a table and use the normal pots and pans....nothing to clean ( apart from the pots and pans)
Rock solid .had it for years..cant go wrong.... cant rot...will last a lifetime....cook outside whenever I can.

Bullet proof

Link Removed

barry:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I use a cast iron "boy scout" double burner which I plug into the exterior gas point.... put on a table and use the normal pots and pans....nothing to clean ( apart from the pots and pans)
Rock solid .had it for years..cant go wrong.... cant rot...will last a lifetime....cook outside whenever I can.

Bullet proof

Link Removed

barry:Smile:

I use the single burner model.. as you say, bullet proof.. last for ever.. even use it in the kitchen at home for doing wok cooking .. :thumb:

otherwise it has to be the charcoal barbie..
buy a decent one such as Weber , you can't go wrong, will last forever..
I've done all sorts of cooking on mine, from whole roast chicken, to heating pies and pizza .. baked tatties .. the lot :thumb:

Weber Go Anywhere Portable bbq 121004
weber-go-anywhere-portable-bbq-121004.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This is very similar to the one we use.. and a bit of a bargain too at the moment !

Link Removed

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
QUOTE=canopus;558781]We are covered for several eventualities. Remoska, Double skillet pan, and Cadac Safari off the BBQ point.:thumb:

Remoska is brilliant and only 470 Watts. Vey versatile, bake a cake, cook chips, make a stew.

In fact it was such a nice day on Sunday we had brunch cooked on the Cadac - Paella pan.

As Mike says all the grease stays in the pan thus not clarting the burner up.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

You've done it now Ken, Can you bake me a cake for next weekend please. Thank You! followed by soft in the centre and crunchy on the outside chips to go with the bacon buttie your're doing me for brekkie. ta chuck, I'll fetch the kitchen paper so you don't have to worry about wasjing up.

thankkkkkks awfully

mwaahhhh :lips::lips::lips:

oh and we use the a Cadac, disposable BBQ, Cob, or open pit bbq

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Just had a couple on site that swear by their Cobb BBQ System. Take it skiing in January, all the motorhome shows and cooked a full roast dinner in it for guests while they were here this weekend.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we use a cobb

We have been using a cobb now for 3 years.. while not as fast as using a gas unit, it works well and allows lots of different types of cooking. Not cheap to buy the kit, but it is good for doing everything from making bread to a good fry up .. you can also roast a full chicken ...

Bob

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't cook outside, or inside either unless on rare occasions when SWMBO is not with me.

An outside gas point can be useful to connect an external gas bottle, handy abroad, though I have seen campers staying in one place for the winter use a giant Calor bottle, the bigger they are the cheaper the gas.

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
An outside gas point can be useful to connect an external gas bottle, handy abroad, though I have seen campers staying in one place for the winter use a giant Calor bottle, the bigger they are the cheaper the gas.

Am I missing something??
I thought the outside gas point was connected to the internal gas bottle (in the locker), how can it be used for a external bottle?

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Am I missing something??
I thought the outside gas point was connected to the internal gas bottle (in the locker), how can it be used for a external bottle?

Steve

If you run out or run low on gas you can use it to feed gas back in... as said, very handy abroad if staying in one location..

for the same reason, also useful if you have a fixed LPG tank..

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Cadac Chef, Keeps the smell of Cooking outdoors. Didn't think about the wok pan tho, good tip, thanks!:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Am I missing something??

Steve

The outside gas point is connected to the low pressure gas circuit, i.e. the van side of the regulator, so all you need is a bottle top regulator on an outside gas bottle and this will feed in to all your appliances

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
The outside gas point is connected to the low pressure gas circuit, i.e. the van side of the regulator, so all you need is a bottle top regulator on an outside gas bottle and this will feed in to all your appliances

Thanks, so if I purchase a gas BBQ or Cadac etc, will it come with a connector that will attach onto the outside gas point?

Thanks

Steve

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Thanks, so if I purchase a gas BBQ or Cadac etc, will it come with a connector that will attach onto the outside gas point?

Thanks

Steve

No, you will have to buy one normally, like this .Broken Link Removed
available most camping/caravan/motorhome accessories

regards
Steve:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I thoroughly enjoy cooking outside in nice weather on a "Cadac"....

It`s the only time I will or do cook... :thumb:

If the weather is a bit iffy,,,,, she cooks outside on the "Cadac".. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Halogen oven or slow cooker, uses no gas, very useful in Spain where filling up with LPG is more difficult.

This is our first year using the Halogen oven & would not like to be without it now

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
A slow cooker, and one of those big gas rings that builders use........plus a small BBQ,...does for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back