Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
what is the best exterior cleaner/wash to wash away the grime of parking-up/storage? Body is the 'multi-pimpled' type with smooth roof and cab. There is also a little algea greening around the headlamps to do also - where does that green stuff come from.

As always, your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
My dear old Dad swears by Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner... uses it on his car as well. I've seen previous posts recommending something called 'Bobby Dazzler' to put in the rinse water at the end for a magic shine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I've mentioned before on the forum that I use Silky for cleaning . They do a liquid cleaner especially for deep clean post storage . If you look on line you can read up about them . I'm one happy van cleaner :thumb: If you were near by I would be more than happy to get stuck in with you cleaning your van :Smile: I just love seeing the results::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi All,
what is the best exterior cleaner/wash to wash away the grime of parking-up/storage? Body is the 'multi-pimpled' type with smooth roof and cab. There is also a little algea greening around the headlamps to do also - where does that green stuff come from.

As always, your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Regards,

I remember the pimpled finish, guaranteed to trap the maximum of dirt, and to be the most difficult to clean. I wonder what genius invented that.

My finish is not pimpled, but I use Halfords car wash, not necessarily good but cheap.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi, thanks for the recommendations - after reading up on this between my post and now I am going to try the recommended Fenwicks cleaner - and may treat her to the shiny stuff after too.

Again, many thanks for the pointers.

Regards,

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hello,
Have just used the Fenwicks, followed up by a coat of Mer. Well that is for the dimpled back/front/sides and they look okay. Got the step ladders out for the roof and NO can reach. Any ideas for cleaning the roof- without scaffolding - and without damaging the sides.I'm 6'2" but fall a bit short for this job.

Steve

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Hello,
Have just used the Fenwicks, followed up by a coat of Mer. Well that is for the dimpled back/front/sides and they look okay. Got the step ladders out for the roof and NO can reach. Any ideas for cleaning the roof- without scaffolding - and without damaging the sides.I'm 6'2" but fall a bit short for this job.

Steve

I use some extending ladders with rags and bubblewrap wrapped with packaging tape to protect paintwork at the top, not as safe as scaffold tower but better than steps, make sure youve got good angle and secure footing...does the job for me!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Traffic Film Remover with soon have it all gone! After that, a good buff and polish with a good high resin such as Autoglym. Keep on top of it over the summer, and keep it polished once a month - it won't fade, you won't suffer black streaks and the flies will fall off.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Got me some Fenwicks and Bobby Dazzler (as recommended) and spent the whole day on it - now looks a million dollars. 07.00 was standing on the roof and now just finished, but what a transformation.

Many Thanks for the recommendation - really did the trick :Cool:

Regards,

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I have also always used the Fenwicks products and have been very happy with the results although to save even more elbow grease before putting the vans into storage etc as some of you do give it the usual wash and rinse with the bobby dazzler but the spray on a good coat of Fenwicks overwintering fluid on after, and don't worry if you decide on a winter trip there is no need to wash it off beforehand it leaves like a very fine waxy coating ,infact I normally leave a coating on the roof all the time it makes washing all the crud off a doddle just using a slightly stronger mix of the cleaner

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds like there was plenty of elbow grease used as well.

Just realized that your avatar is the Life of Brian hermit:Smile:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yep, you're right - I love Life of Brian, just seems to fit in my life really well. When I bought the DVD, I bought two - just in case.

It is funny really as I and both my grown up kids roll about the floor laughing whenever it's on the box, I always see something new but the Wife sits there and says they same thing every time - 'I cannot see, for the life of me, what's so bloody funny'..............

I cannot help bursting into quotes from the film whenever the need arrises.

:ROFLMAO:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:
(now who ate all my juniper berry's? - not a word has passed my lips for 18 years and then you tell me to Shhhhhh!)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Just done a complete on mine including the roof, I don't like heights and having attepted with steps and a ladder and the roof being 3.25m high I invested in a Big Red ladder from Ebay, blood briliant !!!!! first time I have felt safe up a ladder

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back