lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As some of you are aware we decided at the last minute to head off for Easter weekend somewhere not to far away with a nice place to eat and drink, so we decided on Biggar as we drive through often and keep saying what a nice www place.

We headed off on Thursday in relatively nice weather after not a long drive we get to Biggar. First impressions of the campsite I have to say we're not great mainly due to the state some of the permenant tourers were in, pop into the office to meet a very nice and helpful warden who took us to our pitch on the golf buggy and advised us if we wanted a quieter one we could park at the end just watch the soft ground. We parked up no problem although about 1/2 hour later another MH got stuck and I had to assist getting him out.
The campsite might not be the best although all the facilities where very clean although we didn't use them so can't comment to much, as for the site location I don't think you could get much better your in the middle of the country side with a small loch in the middle with Ducks and swans, also golf course next to site and club house that's open to site residents, loads of walks from the site and the best bit is that your less than 10min walk to town/village center.
Once in the town you have a choice of quite a few eating places we opted for the Crown Pub in the main square and as a little surprise Sophie and her boyfriend drove to join us as it was Lorraines birthday. The meal it's self was delicious and the staff very pleasant the best part however was the passion fruit coder.
Saturday was a lovely day which we spent walking Toby and sampling the cider,
So iwould highly recommend a night or two in Biggar even though the campsite isn't great that is forgotton about with its location and setting.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks, I'm definitely going to give it a try but probably a midweek. We bought an old tourer on the site in 1991 when my youngest was only 5 weeks old and her older sis 3 and had many happy years there in fact we stayed in it full time between house moves, hubby drove daughter to school every morning an hour away and I stayed in the van with the now 2 year old.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back