lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well just thought id do a wee bit about our trip if anyone is interested. Started off last Sunday leaving Dumfries about lunch time, (after my hard night shift) drove up to Anstruther in lovely sunshine where we stopped for some fish n chips and prawn n chips from best chippy in uk. Well the drive there was worth it just for the suppers, had a lovely walk around the harbour and town.

After we where all fed and watered we headed for Crail and some wild camping in a lovely spot just by the sea, didn't see anyone from 5pm until 11am next morning. It had been a very windy night but woke up to glorious sunshine all be it a bit cold but had a nice run around the old airport, headed out for a long walk with Toby and sods law after an hour it chucks it down. Once back at MH headed into Crail for some tea and scones in the little art cafe lovely.

Still chucking it down so into St Andrews we went stayed at a site for the night Kinnell braes nice enough and very pleasant staff but more for statics then tourers. Anyway chucked it down all night and really windy, had to stick mole grips on to the sat dish to stop it spinning. Well next morning again glorious sunshine if a tad windy, parked up next to the Old Course (for non golfers thats the golf course) and had a game of putting on the St Andrews putting green where i managed to win Sophie's poket money for 2 weeks:ROFLMAO:.

After a lovely day in St Andrews headed for Balbirnie park cc site they had space but due to heavy showers ground was a bit wet so headed for Edinburgh cc site, while Lorraine and Sophie done tea i went for a run along the shore must say it was a bit cold for shorts and tee shirt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

After a windy night( weather not me) woke up to the nicest day yet so took Toby for a good walk then into town for some shopping :cry: Had a nice lunch and then went for a ghost walk ( sure i felt some funsters present), back to site for a relaxing night before waking up to sunshine again, opened the hab door and closed the fly screen and broke the hindge at the same time. Long walk for toby then headed home stopping off at Biggar for some lunch.

Hope not to boring for you.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well just thought id do a wee bit about our trip if anyone is interested. Started off last Sunday leaving Dumfries about lunch time, (after my hard night shift) drove up to Anstruther in lovely sunshine where we stopped for some fish n chips and prawn n chips from best chippy in uk. Well the drive there was worth it just for the suppers, had a lovely walk around the harbour and town.

After we where all fed and watered we headed for Crail and some wild camping in a lovely spot just by the sea, didn't see anyone from 5pm until 11am next morning. It had been a very windy night but woke up to glorious sunshine all be it a bit cold but had a nice run around the old airport, headed out for a long walk with Toby and sods law after an hour it chucks it down. Once back at MH headed into Crail for some tea and scones in the little art cafe lovely.

Still chucking it down so into St Andrews we went stayed at a site for the night Kinnell braes nice enough and very pleasant staff but more for statics then tourers. Anyway chucked it down all night and really windy, had to stick mole grips on to the sat dish to stop it spinning. Well next morning again glorious sunshine if a tad windy, parked up next to the Old Course (for non golfers thats the golf course) and had a game of putting on the St Andrews putting green where [HI]i managed to win Sophie's poket money for 2 weeks[/HI]:ROFLMAO:.

After a lovely day in St Andrews headed for Balbirnie park cc site they had space but due to heavy showers ground was a bit wet so headed for Edinburgh cc site, while Lorraine and Sophie done tea i went for a run along the shore must say it was a bit cold for shorts and tee shirt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

After a windy night( weather not me) woke up to the nicest day yet so took Toby for a good walk then into town for some shopping :cry: Had a nice lunch and then went for a ghost walk ( sure i felt some funsters present), back to site for a relaxing night before waking up to sunshine again, opened the hab door and closed the fly screen and broke the hindge at the same time. Long walk for toby then headed home stopping off at Biggar for some lunch.

Hope not to boring for you.

Good read but you rotter, Gadzukes man that simply isn't cricket. Envious of the old course, love to see it again. Thanks..................... Griff

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Nothing boring about it . You were in my home area, so was able to "see " where you ventured. That bit of Fife is a beautiful area , it was a privilege to live there. Am due to travel up north later next week ,making me think that a detour to the "east neuk " might just be on the cards.

Thank you for posting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wee tour of Fife!

Hi Gerry,
Great to hear about your trip up to the east neuk! We guessed by the weather here on Sunday night that you must have been blown off Arran:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Our first trip in the mh was up to Crail, our son and daughter had given us two nights b&b at Selcraig House, fortunately it was late March and there was plenty parking outside the the guest house. Because despite asking the b&b owner when we booked, if there would be space to park the mh, when we turned up she looked at us and said, "I didn't realise it was going to be that big"! :roflmto: She must have assumed we meant we had a camper van.
Fortunately, as it was off-season, we got parked ok, but I would think it could be tricky when it was high season. After the two nights in the b&b we then spent the next few days in the mh at Sauchope Links in Crail, (our avator photo was taken at the Sauchope Links site), really nice site with great views across the water to the Isle of May. We chickened out and decided to take the bus into Anstruther for fish and chips though, we thought it might be tricky to park, especially in the car park at the front.
I think we must have parked in the same car park as you did, at St. Andrews, opposite the old course and down from the museum of golf. The weather was great that day too.
If you go back up again, we can recommend the Ship Inn at Elie for lovely meals:thumb: Great wide main street in Elie for parking the mh too!
We were also very impressed with the area and the people were very friendly as well.
Sounds as if you did the same trip that we did, even down to the stop at Biggar on the way back home:thumb: Great chippy in Biggar too!
Glad you had a good trip.
Regards, Bill & Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back