Our Portuguese Hymer Holiday Tour (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes i remember a big sat. he was making wooden toys and selling them when i first knew him .also had a girlfriend staying with him but she went back to germany years ago. oh well back to cutting the grass .catch you one day.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Smooth day except for the roads works and non existent signage that tried to keep us away from the Intermarche supermarket at Novo St Andre.

Fancy trying to stop our bicycle buying mission!

They failed and we succeeded.

Better get some rest as I think some bicycle trips are now on the cards in the near future. :Eeek:

So after a journey of about 70 kms we are parked up at Lagoa St Andre. Rather windy. I suppose this is to be expected at this time of year on the west coast of Portugal. But we have water on tap and a good internet signal.

I don't like the wind... :Sad:

but... very happy French sounds coming from the front of the vehicle tell me that Frankie has now mastered the knack of getting her emails from three different French accounts into her new HTC smartphone... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Frankie Buys A Bike.jpg
    Frankie Buys A Bike.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Bikes on Hymer.jpg
    Bikes on Hymer.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Lagao de St Andre..jpg
    Lagao de St Andre..jpg
    42 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Had a lovely pre dinner shower and came out to find a friendly French motorhomer had moved next door... See photos...

Frankie had read posts about this national habit but never seen it with her own eyes. When she discovered they were indeed French some special words were uttered which I wasn't taught in school...

JJ

Attachments

• Friendly French hey.jpg
    Friendly French hey.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Friendly French Motorhomers.jpg
    Friendly French Motorhomers.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Had a lovely pre dinner shower and came out to find a friendly French had moved next door... See photos...

Frankie had read posts about this national habit but never seen it with her own eyes. When she discovered they were indeed French some special words were uttered which I wasn't taught in school...

JJ

Not nearly as jealous now as that does not live up to the romantic stop overs that we have come to expect.

We are really roll on September the 1st

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not nearly as jealous now as that does not live up to the romantic stop overs that we have come to expect.

We are really roll on September the 1st

When we leave the restaurant (just across the road) we are thinking of moving... After all there are acres of space to choose a new spot from!

JJ

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Ok, ok...

I confess.

The salad wasn't for me... Frankie made if for herself...

I had had a breakfast and was having an evening meal later so didn't need lunch. :winky:

Today we planned to do nothing... Frankie has been very busy, as have I, and so we thought we would take a couple of days of total rest to start "chilling".

[HI]This morning a good deal of clothes rearranging[/HI] and cupboard filling took place at the rear of the vehicle whilst, at the other end, an old thirsty florescent light was replaced by a modern LED one.

We fed more Intermarche own brand (Top Budget) hot dog sausage to our friendly stray dog... (he loves us!) :thumb:

Then we drove 175 metres up the road to park near Rui's to fill with water and to get a better internet signal. So a quick lunch at the restaurant (Frankie had octopus salad, I had a toasted cheese and ham sandwich)... then internet stuff, water filling, showering, more water filling and now will go back down to our spot and today I will go for a swim... yesterday I wimped out... :RollEyes:

PS. Third picture is the view from my bed at 6.00am.

To much info:Blush::Blush::Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Would you prefer no information at all?

Maybe I am going on a bit too much...

Sorry... :winky:

You have the wrong end of the stick JJ the clothes rearranging bit was meant as a funny:ROFLMAO:

I would never tell anyone they were going on a bit sorry if that is what you thought I meant, read the highlighted bit again I had visions of you two in the back of the van rearranging clothes :ROFLMAO: ah well maybe its just my sense of humour:thumb:eek:r I cant help being rude:Doh:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The van which squeezed in next to us has left.

They drove off at 7.30 so I was unable to give them a MHF card and I also missed the opportunity of hearing Frankie "chatting" to them...

JJ

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Around mid day Frankie returned from her beach visit. I had had a pleasant morning pottering.

I was concerned that the black tank might be reaching critical levels and I was right. We decided to move towards Figueira Da Foz where we must be on Friday.

Frankie rode her new bike to the local Intermarche (8kms away) and, after filling with water, I followed (driving of course.) We bought charging stuff for Frankie's netbook and HTC phone and then set off northish keeping our eyes peeled for suitably located manhole covers :winky:

It was very hot and sunny.

We were going too fast to pull over to the only one we spotted...

What next?

Now my often faulty memory surprised me and recalled that there was a campsite just off the road we were travelling on at Alcacer do Sal... very near Pego where we were a couple of days ago. Maybe they would have somewhere where we could empty our black tank. (not one of these modern cassette thingies.)

Punching in an enquiry into TomTom's Live Google search facility we were directed to the site... ironically right next door to the Intermarche we shopped at last Thursday.

"Have you got somewhere we can empty our old fashioned black water tank please?" (in my best Portuguese)

"Yes we have" came the reply from the [STRIKE]attractive[/STRIKE] plain receptionist in perfect English... (how she guessed I was English I will never know!)

"How much will you charge me?"

"Nothing... feel free to use it."

"Do you happen to have a place for a motorhome right now?"

"Yes... we have one place left."

I examined the prices... because we off-site, freeloading "tossers" don't like campsites... it appeared that for around €11 we could park for the night, empty our tanks, plug into big strong electricity, go for a swim in the huge pool and use the internet. €5.50 each.

The (average looking) receptionist was so helpful and fun that we decided to stay. As we swam in the clear blue waters of the pool at 7.30pm (having done the "chores") we decided to stay tomorrow night as well.

What can I say?

Photos and details to follow...

"

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Say nothing as you are back to making us jealous:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Come on JJ we want pics as well we need to see Portugal from your eyes not just your words
It sounds like you are having a great time keep safe:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you dont want to see it .you want to feel it smell it ,feel the warmth getting to your skin.
iff jj puts up pics it will hurt you . get that ferry and go and park next to him .
real close he likes that.
are you going up the coast to foz jj or inland ?
after foz go abit north just past praia da tocha .take a forest road north the next road back to the sea is the road to a fantastic place . palheirao praia .magic place .
most maps dont show it but its on google and the cepsa mapa max.but not marked we call it unknown beach.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Is this a Damascene conversion ??? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:You will be wearing red next :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not all sites are like prison camps, even site users have choices.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Is this a Damascene conversion ??? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:You will be wearing red next :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not all sites are like prison camps, even site users have choices.

Steady on Matamoros...

You can go too far you know...:ROFLMAO:

Any more nonsense along those lines and my people will be contacted.

(just preparing a campsite report... with photos...)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jj ,take no notice .be carefull you might catch germs if you keep mixing on campsites . i have logged it for the higher command to see that jj as been on a campsite .
you may lose your stripes for it. ha ha .
just watch out for the gas chambers . some camps have them . hee hee.
i have read about them

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
hi jj ,take no notice .be carefull you might catch germs if you keep mixing on campsites . i have logged it for the higher command to see that jj as been on a campsite .
you may lose your stripes for it. ha ha .
just watch out for the gas chambers . some camps have them . hee hee.
i have read about them

It is alright Alan... I promise you... one more night here... one more on Friday near Fig Da Foz and we are back to heaven's sites.

Frankie is a little concerned because a group of youths with four tents and approximately four to each tent have set up next door... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Doubt it will be as quiet as last night tonight...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have put up a quick album here...

Broken Link Removed

Sadly the "unattractive" receptionist isn't on duty today...:Sad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Parque De Campismo, Alcacer Do Sal.

First night was quiet enough.

Woken up early by some sort of machines working away before 8 am (washing down the roads or something.)

After they finished it returned to quiet...

Nice trees and greenery. :thumb:

Some Big pitches... a French van could easily fit on our pitch beside us. :winky:

Don't think monster RVs could get in though.

Frankie is using the washing machine now so my City shirt(s) will ready to wear again soon :ROFLMAO:

The wi-fi is only meant to be available around the reception area where they have a small room with a TV and some comfortable chairs and a collection of books for you to borrow. Using my pointy wi-fi amplifier thingy I could get a full strength signal in the van but the speed was so slow, and cut out so often, as to be be almost useless. Have switched back to my Vodafone hotspot.

Frankie continues to potter about cleaning and tidying... she is planning an afternoon poolside.

I believe a report from the woman's point of view is coming up shortly.

Album here... Broken Link Removed

samples here

Attachments

• Pitches and Hymer 1.jpg
    Pitches and Hymer 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Pitches 1.jpg
    Pitches 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 47
  • Loo Emptying and Van cleaning area.jpg
    Loo Emptying and Van cleaning area.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Picthes and Hymer 5.jpg
    Picthes and Hymer 5.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Prices.

Adult €2.60

Child €1.60

Tent (small) €2.60

Tent (big) €3.60

Motorhome/
Caravan €4.00

Electricity €1.60

Washing
machine €2.60

Motorbike €1.60

Car € 2.10

Swimming
pool Free

Ten percent reduction for Old Farts (+65)

Same price winter or summer

Open from Jan 16 until Dec 14

www.cm-alcacerdosal.pt

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its the big green fence that gets me looks like the top is turned over so you cant climb out . bet they have machine gun guards at that sentry post.ha ha .

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello Funsters!

As JJ told you I 've been to the "lady" section , and had a look everywhere.
Well this is not for sure the highest standard of bathroom/toilets I have seen in all my camper life , and I have seen quite a few . I would think Spanish are the greastest ladies cleaners ever!!
In this little tiny campsite there's only one toilet block , with 3 showers , 4 toilets (with no paper toilet in them) and a big disabled bathroom with everything in (WC shower and sink), 5 sinks and a baby table (to change nappies or even to dry baby after a shower).
It took me sometime to realise there was a tiny hook to hang my towel .... I had just seen a glass shelf right under the mirror to put other stuff .
As you might know I am small and so I was not looking high enough to find the hook :Blush:

There are as well 2 plugs for hairdryers

The whole block is not new obviously , but still ok and clean (I din't see any hair left in the shower , nor mud or anything dirty)

There are as well a few sinks to do the washing up , 2 of them have hot water.

Tere were as well 4 deep sinks to do the washing . In the same "room" there's a 8kgs capacity washing mashine, that you can use with a token ( you get them at the reception for 2,60eur one)

To me it looks just right !Nothing exceptionnal but not bad at all :thumb::thumb:

End of report::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:winky::Smile::Cool:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
There you go upsetting folk with your talk of camps.

My Grandfather died in one of those dreadful camps, all rather sad I'm told.

Turns out he fell out of his guard tower whilst attempting to use his machine-gun.....:roflmto:

............no offence intended.........Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back