Our New Addition Is Due In August (1 Viewer)

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi All

No it's not what your thinking :Doh:

Our new( to us ) Rv is on it's way from the States as I speak and is due to land in the UK on the 16th August ..... It's a 36 foot Coachmen Santara on a Ford chassis with a Triton V10 motor

A big thanks is due to Linda & James at Stateside Tuning in securing this RV on my behalf . So if you fancy buying one yourself these are the guys to contact :thumb:

Attachments

• 13885-1 santara picture.jpg
    13885-1 santara picture.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 87

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Now that's sooooooooo niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb:

:coolthumb:Nice one Linda & JC:coolthumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
looks nice, are you looking for a retirement home for the winnie? A place in the sun in Devon is reserved for it.
enjoy and do let us all know what this new thing is, after all its not a winnie so not an RV? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Congratulations Tony and Ruth. I'm sure you'll spend many happy hours in the new rig.

One question - your coach is insured while in transit across the Atlantic, right? We're on the Pacific, but don't cruise the ocean at night because ships lose containers; They sit like an iceberg, almost submerged and invisible to radar.

The containers on these containers didn't do too well; Scroll down to see the photos.

Shipping companies have talked for years about employing water soluble seals that allow water in when a container lands in the brink, thereby allowing the container to sink out of harms way.

Recovery might be difficult off Monterey Bay, where water depths are upwards of 6,000 feet.

A better way to transport yachts, even if they're land yachts, would be like this.

I'm sure your coach will arrive safely. Don't forget to check it out thoroughly and then go enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
The reserved sign is up for you Ruth and Tony ! Look forward to seening "baby" in the flesh !:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
What I found incredible about the photos is the ship didn't even appear to have a list despite the weight being shifted to starboard. Just how much ballast must these container ships have!
A few years ago we saw the aftermath of a cruise liner and container ship collision. The cruise liner crept back to Dover with her bow stoved in and 3 or 4 containers on her foredeck. :Eeek: Amazingly no one was hurt.
On another cruise we saw a container in the water. It was virtually submerged and only occasionally did a corner break the surface enough to be obvious. We called it it to the coastguards and fifteen minutes later an "all ships navigation hazard" was transmitted.:thumb:
Funny enough, we considered taking our boat down to the Med on a ship. It sails between Holland and Spain every month. Would make even more sense now.

Regards
Doug

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Tony

A great looking coach, we hope that Ruth and yourself have many safe and happy journeys in her.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Mine got here OK and Captain Pugwash brought it over for me:roflmto:

You'll be fine Tony & Ruth:thumb:

I am soooooooooooooo envious:winky:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
winnebagotony; said:
Our new( to us ) Rv is on it's way from the States as I speak and is due to land in the UK on the 16th August ..... It's a 36 foot Coachmen Santara on a Ford chassis with a Triton V10 motor

:Cool: Nice one Tony & Ruth. Will you still be attending the Western Motorhome Show? :winky:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I can't think of anything worse than knowing your RV is doing an atlantic cruise and you're sat at home waiting for it:ROFLMAO:
I'm sure the wait will be worth it though

Regards
Doug

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi all, thanks for your good wishes:Eeek: i am glad that it isnt comng over on a container, (at least we haven't been told it is) it is in the lap of the Gods now have no choice but to wait we will keep you all updated.

We are still going to Malvern as we believe that customs have to clear it then we have to go and pick her up and pay the dreaded vat & duty money so hopefully we should be able to do malvern first.::bigsmile:

ruth

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi all, thanks for your good wishes:Eeek: i am glad that it isnt comng over on a container, (at least we haven't been told it is) it is in the lap of the Gods now have no choice but to wait we will keep you all updated.

We are still going to Malvern as we believe that customs have to clear it then we have to go and pick her up and pay the dreaded vat & duty money so hopefully we should be able to do malvern first.::bigsmile:

ruth

Your agent should ask you for the taxes before she lands and paid in advance in my case.

Minute i got the word from the agent she was clear about 18 hours or so after docking hot footed it Southampton to collect her.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back