Our first proper Motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rosalan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. rosalan

rosalan Funster

2. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Rosalan, intriguing ,I take it that you've had more than one, judging by your current avatar.

3. rosalan

rosalan Funster

4. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Hi Fidget
    Yes, we have been around for a long time I'm afraid. After small tents, frame tents, a caravan, an ex-air-force ambulance, a high-top LT. VW ex-carpet sales van we bought the CRV. After many years we bought an Auto-Sleeper Palermo followed by a Burstner T660 which was stolen four weeks after buying it. The insurance paid for our present Dethleffs Advantage 6571. We are fairly new to Fun, having spent several years with MHF, where we have many friends and up to now have rallied with them. We enjoy rallies and Fun seem to have a much better choice.
    What about yourselves, have you owned a variety of different vans? I am also mindful that every time you travel with your van, you must pay for an expensive sea crossing and there we are, moaning about the inconvenience of crossing the Channel.
    Be happy!
    Alan

• Like Like x 2
  5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi like yourselves been mo/Hoing for many years (have a look at my moho album) yes you are right about cost of ferries on the island,I agree rallies with fun are very good, been to several always made welcome &,lovely bacon rolls for me ,not my better half as she's vegetarian .
    We are off to cornwall next week to see 2 granddaughters + family plus a couple of other hols then sept off to Brittany.
    Terry

6. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Have fun in Cornwall. After Peterborough show (actually the day after) Rosalie (my wife) is having a new hip, so there will be a couple of months pause before we can set off to warmer places. The south is always attractive and we like to spend two or three months in Spain or Portugal but will have to wait and see how the operation goes first.
    Enjoy all

Alan

7. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hope all goes well with Rosalie 's op and recovery is quick also pain/discomfort is controlled, get well soon.
    Terry

8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

WOW !! What a lovely van ! Heres to many a happy trip in her :cheers:

• Like Like x 1