Our first Motorhome trip - Re starting from Netherlands - Tips/idea's/advice (1 Viewer)

Clactonmark

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Clacton Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie although i have been caravaning off and on since 1986
Hi All,
We have just purchased our first Motorhome after tugging for many years, we plan a week away in mid-September, starting our trip at the Hoek of Holland. We live close to Harwich and with all the problems at Calais at the moment we thought the Harwich - Hoek would be a good start.

We aren't sure which direction to head but thinking maybe heading south towards Cologne ?

Any sites /must do's / or don'ts , suggestions, tips or advice would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

Mark & Jan

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Mark and Jan :welc:

Harwich - Hoek of Holland sounds like a good plan to me, especially as you can use Tesco vouchers to help pay for the trip if you have them.

As you only have a week I wouldn't travel too far personally, Cologne sounds about right to me. You could invest in a copy of Camperstop Europe (stellplatz) or the ACSI book (cheap campsites) from Vicarious Books then you will have a choice of plenty of places to rest up for the night.

If you haven't found out already, having a motorhome gives you so much freedom so you don't really need to do much planning, just get over there and enjoy.

Have a good trip.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back