Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 746
Exp
Both newbies
Whilst we've been looking around for a few months and had a good idea of what we wanted from a MH, we had not until last week got any where near buying. Until that is the husband decided after a couple of glasses of red wine to bid on EBay! Two days and a trip up to Northampton later we were the owners of a 2010 Roller Team 746. The habitation report we had done after the event (not sensible) has been favourable, thank goodness although there are a few niggles. The interior was pretty grubby so we have paid for it to be thouroughly cleaned, and the timer belts needed replacing. We don't want to travel abroad as much as get to know the UK a bit better, although in this weather it is hard to imagine ever sitting outside and enjoying Pembrokeshire views! Are there any 746 owners out there to chat to?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:HelloThere:
Welcome to Fun. There will be many along to talk to and plenty of advice when you have those questions. Just have to pick your way through the jokes::bigsmile:(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome and good luck but don't write-off foreign parts. Travelling around France, for example, is a breeze in a MH. Which isn't to run down the UK but for most of it costs for staying somewhere overnight are much higher than Europe and of course the wine and sunshine are generally more plentiful the other side of the Channel! :)

But I am sure you will enjoy wherever you go. I suggest a night or two somewhere very local (the drive?) to try out your new baby - so if you discover you have forgotten something it isn't far to go to get it!

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Until that is the husband decided after a couple of glasses of red wine to bid on EBay!

This is one hell of a man.

Soon he will tell you "forget the miserable UK, we are crossing the Channel, the one and only place for MHs".

You are one lucky woman Nanny. Try and improve your speech though.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hello and welcome, I would reckon you have bought an ex rental motorhome, you say you have done the timing belt which suggests high mileage, the grubby interior possibly confirms my thoughts

not really a problem, probably been well serviced, my own experience says low mileage and low use does more harm than plenty of use

provided the habitation report shows no damp you are probably well sorted, have fun with it (y)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Well done that man, plenty of UK to tour but please go over the water, much better motorhoming on the continent.

A big welcome to the fold.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome dance.jpg

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi there, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your purchase . I hope you have lots of happy trips in it.
We've been motorhoming for 8 years now and have not been abroad yet. Lots of lovely places to see and stay at in Britain. We will do eventually , maybe this year even.
But I'm in no rush. We're stuck to 2 weeks 3 tops due to Ralphs work commitments .
What with the muslim terrorists ******** I'M happier going north rather than south anyway ! I've even let my passport run out, to Ralphs annoyance !

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:welcome4:
Hope you enjoy your travels in your new motorhome.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, I too bought my van for someone on eBay and have had 5 years of great travels and adventure oh and I'm a Pembroke Dock boy. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've found it on Ebay:

Broken Link Removed

Nice MH.

Just don't let you hubby anywhere near any auctions when he's been drinking again as he might buy a potato for €1m (see other thread!).

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:hiya: And welcome to the forum, well done that man!

Hope you have many happy times exploring in your new to you motorhome ......

It is really easy motor homing across the water ,lots of free Aires etc even some with free services including electric hook up ...

Not knocking the UK at all but the weather is it's downfall mostly

Safe travels

John n Kath xx

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi there, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your purchase . I hope you have lots of happy trips in it.
We've been motorhoming for 8 years now and have not been abroad yet. Lots of lovely places to see and stay at in Britain. We will do eventually , maybe this year even.
But I'm in no rush. We're stuck to 2 weeks 3 tops due to Ralphs work commitments .
What with the muslim terrorists ******** I'M happier going north rather than south anyway ! I've even let my passport run out, to Ralphs annoyance !

Hi Ralph-n-Bev, I am new to the site so just looking over a few posts and I came across this one from you. I think you will find that terrorists are not Muslims and Muslims are not terrorists. I am not a terrorists or a Muslim and spent 23 years in the British army fighting to keep us all safe and you thinking that terrorists are Muslims or Muslims are terrorists will not help.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We spent 6 years in the uk in the van seeing Ireland, Scotland, Wales and all of England before we came abroad for the winter, we'll never spend another winter in the uk. Brrrr
We have now discovered the joy of winter warmth, quieter roads cheaper living, except for France.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Mr and Mrs Mumbles, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

Deleted User
I've found it on Ebay:

Broken Link Removed

Nice MH.

Just don't let you hubby anywhere near any auctions when he's been drinking again as he might buy a potato for €1m (see other thread!).
Nice looking van, hope all goes well, Nige would kill me if I'd bought a mh on ebay, I get in enough trouble buying nic-niks.
Enjoy :)

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Hello, our first MH was from eBay and we didn't do any checks prior to buying either! and after two trouble free years made an amazing profit with part exchange. We changed only because of the layout. Have fun we are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back