our big trip Europe

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by sleep e carr, Feb 3, 2014.

1. sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Hi we are planing a big trip this year we have paid for ferry to Dunkirk going into Belgium, to visit a friend, in Holland and Germany visiting my brother, then we are going to Prague, through Austria, Slavinia, then down to Trieste in Italy. and then we head back towards Dunkirk on a differant route through Austria Germany, Luxumberg Belgium, ferry and back to north yorkshire.

4 weeks of the summer holidays should do the trick. 10 countries and about 3,000 miles round trip :Rofl1::thumb::thumb: Looking forward to it because the fun part of traveling abroard is not seaking the lingo:Rofl1:

2. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

That include here too? :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGri

Have a great trip.

We might join you.........sometime!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Each to there own I suppose, but I used to get paid to do those sort of mileages in that sort of time :Smile:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

We did a very similar trip in 2009 - 10 countries in 21 days, which was 3,500 miles. At the time we were working and so saved up our full holiday allowance to use. We did France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy & Austria.

We loved it! Part of the fun for us was the driving and seeing the world from the cab. Sure, you do 'miss out' on a lot of stuff - but I'd rather that then be stranded in some god awful resort somewhere!

5. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Same here I don't think we've ever stayed anywhere more than a week.:BigGrin:
    If I'm gonna sit in the same spot for weeks/months on end I'll buy a caravan makes more sense than a m/home :RollEyes: But hey we're all different and that's the beauty of this life having the choice. :thumb:

Enjoy your trip we're doing very similar trip but over 8 or 9 weeks May June :thumb:

6. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Very do-able. :thumb:
    3 days maximum on site for me then I get itchy feet (wheels?). Did the journey from UK to Crete last year in 21 days and it didn't feel rushed at all.

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

People have to learn the hard way. It's a MOTORhome, so we've got the keep motoring.

On the other hand it can be a sweep to discover where to go back to and enjoy it the second time around.