Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
And what is the current price of diesel over there at the moment
bill
I got it at 1.02 last Saturday but ended up being ripped off. Was unmanned and you had to either pay by card or notes. I put it 70 euros but could only squeeze in 64 so got no refund, so wasn't really a bargain, felt conned.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I got it at 1.02 last Saturday but ended up being ripped off. Was unmanned and you had to either pay by card or notes. I put it 70 euros but could only squeeze in 64 so got no refund, so wasn't really a bargain, felt conned.
I carry a spare can just in case that happens

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I want running out but thought I would take advantage of the good offer...that turned out NOT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I did the battle of the bulge area on my motorcycle with my son , there's a tiger tank at several location's but the one that sticks is at a place called the three rivers ,the tiger has a shell from a Sherman in its hull ,when you see the size of a tiger and then look at a Sherman ,it makes you realize just how brave the allied tank crews were ,close to the spa race course there is the spot where the ss massacred some yanks and if you see a historical marker ,have avread .
There's a recent book about the battle of the bulge ,can't remember the authors name

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
stay away from all those old rocks...its bars and fine beers you need!

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
La Roch en ardenne , lovely town and 2ww museum. It was totally flattened during the war in the battle of the bulge.
The cloth hall museum in Ypres doesn't seem as good since they redesigned it. and according to their accounts it was the french what finally won the 1st world war.
Tyne cot cemetery is very moving,been there a few times then suddenly noticed one of my great uncles name on the wall, 1 of his brothers is on Thiepval wall and 1 is buried in Bouchoir which was my great grandad.

La coupole (spelling may be wrong) just over the border in france, it's where they were making the v2s and firing them,except the allied bombers got there in the nick of time to thwart adolfs plans. nice museum though.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the wee man has ancestor that were killed in begum and France he has ben researching it as a school project he has the graves and panels on the menine gate he will lay a cross at all of them
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just another stupid qwestion I 3 mobile Wi-Fi do I need to do any thing like buying extra credit for Europe @DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back