Our baby is now home.......... (1 Viewer)

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
For those of you who don't know here is a qiuck recap.
We brought an Autotrail Cheiftain in the summer of 2007 as it ticked all our boxes, but we never gare it a thought of where to park it. We live in a village and we had to leave it parked outside our house. Too large for that as when cars were parked opposite even the coal lorry could not get past!.:Doh: Anyway a friend kindly let us park her at his farm . We went and applied for planning permisson to knock down our double garage and revert it back to the original single, piut a drive way through to the back of the house and build a double garage/workshop in the far end of the back garden. Planning was granted and we started to get some quotes in. We eventually went for a friend who is a builder we know his work is excellent and he gave us a fair price. Work started in May 2008 . Boy are we glad someone else was doing the work as originally Rich and a mate was going to do it all between them , I think it would still be in the building stage :ROFLMAO:. How nice it was coming home from work and seeing the progress made. We had to bring the MH back to test for grounding out before the drive was finished as the original drive was very steep. We still have to finish off the rear drive as Rich is wiring up the rear garage , re route the fish pond pipes and electrics. He is also putting the single garage to its original layout of garage and "out house" comlete with loo. We are also having a door knocked through the dining room wall into the single garage. We still have to put all Rich's what can I call them Things ( to me rubbish:roflmto:)into the garages from the back garden (looks like a bomb site but not to worried as we will be relandscaping it at some stage)
I can highly recommend our builder to anyone in the Yeovil /South Somerset/Dorset area
the quality of the work is excellent.
Will post some pi's later
Lin

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
:thumb: Lin... sounds like you're almost there.... thanks for posting some positive stuff:winky: (nearly as good as sunshine::bigsmile:)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Good to see your building work is processing.

Look forward to meeting up with you both again:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Well done you two, again we hope to meet up again someday :thumb: ::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
congratulations glad it has worked out well, take it you won't be moving in the near future:ROFLMAO:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
A COAL LORRY!!! You don't see many of them these days- it reminds me of----- ah well they were the good old days
Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back