LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well our wheels have started turning for 2015 we left home for Peterborough Show last week had a great 4 days there with Fun, good show where we decided to change our TV after the Oyster dish started playing silly beggars again and not locking on, after talking to Eddie Van Blitz, Jacksons and others who were completely honest with us and told us it would cost £750 to update so we considered if we wanted to go down the route of spending over £1000 on a new saltalite system and a new TV As ours has seen much better days but decided against it.

We ended up after picking various funsters brains buying a Avtex TV and aerial which we are really pleased with we got them from Road Pro and they were very patient and helpful with all our questions. So now we have a new TV works brilliantly but we have only had it on twice.

We left Peterborough for Rutland Water, Lyndon Top, it is stunning we have had a lovely walk ny the lake and chilled out watching the yachts and horses all we can hear is bird song we may linger here a little longer.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Now that's what it's all about - enjoy.(y)

Who needs a satellite when you have a view like that?

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the update and pictures Carole, love reading about people's travels, that view is heavenly.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Enjoy your travels. Will be keeping an eye on your thread to see where you go and what you are up to.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hopefully will catch up at one of the meets, happy travels, xx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Carol and Eddie

Nice to bump into you at Peterborough, enjoy the rest of your travels and see you soon. BTW Rutland water looks nice and is on our list to do so thanks for the photos.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Had a nice day weather a bit iffy, settled down with a glass of wine after tea the guy came to put the night coats on the horses when they decided it was time to have some fun.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Captain Biggles

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Sunny Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Type in rutland water ospreys on your laptop/tablet & you can watch the ospreys via a live webcam, on their nest incubating their eggs, & according to the excellent daily news updates the 1st egg will hatch around 25th - 30th May.It is an excellent website with a team of excellent staff & volunteers. We went last year & are planning a return visit soon, but we are addicted to following the ospreys.Have even bought the book. Also for those in Wales the Dyfi osprey project is excellent & they too have live webcam with sound. When on our travels we also visited the Dyfi wildlife trust last year, another friendly & welcoming team.Bought their book too. Enjoy your armchair bird watching!!!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Type in rutland water ospreys on your laptop/tablet & you can watch the ospreys via a live webcam, on their nest incubating their eggs, & according to the excellent daily news updates the 1st egg will hatch around 25th - 30th May.It is an excellent website with a team of excellent staff & volunteers. We went last year & are planning a return visit soon, but we are addicted to following the ospreys.Have even bought the book. Also for those in Wales the Dyfi osprey project is excellent & they too have live webcam with sound. When on our travels we also visited the Dyfi wildlife trust last year, another friendly & welcoming team.Bought their book too. Enjoy your armchair bird watching!!!

Thank you for that I will have a look.

Hi Captain Biggles, Just put a post on the Cuckoo thread but worth putting here.
We are enchanted by the number of birds in the lane by Lyndon Top we have seen Finches of every colour, stood watching a yellow hammer, it was so bright it could have been a budgie, the Robins are all around the site and of course the resident Owl can be heard in the evening.
Though my high lite was sitting in the van in field 9 overlooking the lake and suddenly there was the Osprey right in front of me being harried by a crow they were there for a good few minutes before the Osprey dived into the lake then I lost sight of him.
We spent a pleasant half hour in the Nature Reserve shop afterwards watching the Osprey on the nest with all the small birds flitting around the feeders.

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Carol & Eddie it was nice to meet you at Peterborough olthough I mistook you for somebody else (sorry),it looks as your having a great tour up to now, perhaps we will meet again at Malvern when you will not be so busy

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Carol & Eddie,

We're thinking of visiting Rutland later this week, maybe staying over the bank hols. Is Oakham near enough to cycle or walk into? The golf club and driving range looks near too, is it?
Loren

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi @Allan & Loren , Oakem is a pleasant cycle ride not to far, the golf club is adjacent to Lynton Top, Auther the site Warden is great and will give you any help, not sure if you will get on field 9 with your RV. I would have a walk down and look before you decide where to Park, there are 7 rallies there over the bank holiday iff you are in the CCC their rally looks good. We are leaving on Tuesday for Apps Court Farm via St Neots.

Well worth going.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the advice, we joined ccc recently so I'll have a look at their rally. Let you know how we get on. Enjoy your next location

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Look forward to pics from your next stop Carol have fun x

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great photo's Carol (y). Rutland Water is now on our list of UK destinations thanks to you. Looks a beautiful place to visit and cycle.

Thanks for sharing & enjoy your adventure :)

Antony

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Photos on my phone went mad sorry, we have just had a couple of days at St Neots CCC really nice site good pitch on the river, last night while we were sitting in the van heard a drum beat coming from the river, then going past a long Viking canoe going past with a man besting time on a large drum, very strange, nice walk along the river bank to a nice pub and a large weir. Also had the best Fish & Chips from the chippy in the main high St they were seriously good.
Tomorrow we move on to London.
(For some reason when I post from my phone it underlines everything and I can't get out of it) so please excuse if this happens.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds and looks like you are having a wonderful trip. Is Scotland not on your UK tour?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Dragon Boat race practice?

Keep posting the photos