maurice343

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are off to the Loire at Christmas and want to be near Orleans so we can cycle on the Loire a Velo route which we didnt finish in the so called Summer! due to the inclement weather. :Sad:
Anyone had any experience of aires or France Passion site near Orleans??
Still waiting for the new Aires book from Vicarious.:Smile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , I can recommend Beaugency 18 miles west and Sully sur loire 30 miles east, not exactly close to Orleans but both nice riverside aires , sully sur loire only 300 yds from chateau. Have a look at my photo album france loire 2011.
Terry:sin:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Sully sur loire is lovely camp near the chatau

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We never found an aire close to the centre of Orleans, but we did stop one night at the 'Orleans aire' to the south of the city. That was in 2009 and it was on a park next to a leisure area. We did not feel that comfortable as there was quite a lot of vehicle movement (in more ways than one, as it was obviously a popular site for a bit of 'nocturnal leisure' in some of the parked cars) and some youths drove round and round an adjacent field for a large part of the night - flooding us with their headlights on each pass.
I know this doesn't help you find anywhere but it might help you to avoid the only 'dodgy' aire we have experienced so far in several years of visiting France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back