Apocalypse

Free Member
Jun 11, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato hi-line
Exp
Hi Folks, is there any way of obtaining original carpets to your motorhome?
Swift 630G ('09) is what I have, I understand their are many permutations to the layout, so I just need a direction, :thanks:
BTW I spoke to Swift last week, what a waste of time!!! explained I needed to understand electrical data to my MH regarding my reverse camera connections and all that was said was that Fiat had all the specs, I knew that Fiat only supplied the cab and chassis, but I didn't bother to argue and found the answer on forums, this is just a heads up for anyone that tells me to contact Swift:Blush:

many thanks Wayne:thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
What a lot of people did was to cut a set of templates from card or similar laid on the floor and then take to a carpet place to get some suitable roll ends cut to shape and bound at the edges. You get exactly what you want, how you want it in the colour you want. My van cames with pale beige carpets. Used them as template for new cappuccino coloured ones that don't show footprints

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
no good trying the manufacturers as they rarely deal direct with the end customer and they dont tend to keep spares like carpets in stock for all models. either get a good dealer. there are a few, to order them, and they will be cut and bound to specification. or any carpet shop worth dealing with will arrange for your own mats, cut to suit off a roll, to be bound for you.

otherwise cut your own using cardboard templates to get them right and google for a carpet binder in your local area. they usually charge per foot. you could also arrange to send your template to one of the ebay sellers that make tailored mats for cars, but this may be more expensive, but worth asking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
got me thinking, so went and found these people that will bind your own carpet rugs from 80p per foot

Link Removed

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
My local independant carpet shop had exactly the same type of non slip carpet available to order from a sample book, I took the original set in which had never been used and he copied and got them edged, when I sell the van eventually I will have a brand new original set to put down.
we always grass camp and sometimes have a couple of dogs inside so I can now just run the carpet cleaner over them if they get any marks on them, perfick

OP
OP
A

Apocalypse

Free Member
Jun 11, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato hi-line
Exp
Thanks All, I did buy the front cabin carpet from EBay, so I will drop them a line and ask whether they can make bespoke carpets for the living area, that way they will have the same colour, texture and edging etc
-Wayne (I will let you know how I get on) Cheers:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back