Orange Propane Rapsol Bottles on the Algarve (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Hi as any one seen were to get orange PROPANE Rapsol bottles on the Algarve.
been to a few Rapsol garages on the way down through Portugal, but they all had Red Butane bottles.
I got one at Lagos Rapsol garage, also on the way out there was a depot on the N125.
I know also i can fill a boliqueime all bottles.
So if you fill at a Rapsol just have a look if there are PROPANE there they have it wrote on the side of bottles.
Thanks Laurie.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bet they are few and far between.....

Propane is a 'northern' fuel with a low 'freeze' temperature for northern winters.
Butane is a warm weather fuel and stops gassing below around 4°c ambient

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Yes thats what i found on they way down, would use butane, but regulator is diffrent i think the pigtail will be also?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No the regulator for all spanish bottles,whether butane or propane, is the same. propane is available here but normally only from the shops rather than garages , unless somewhere that it gets down close to zero.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Well i have a reg for butane also propane the type that you just push the pipe in and secure with a clip
tryed the Butane but would not release the gas as the pin is longer in the propane one.

Deleted User
Mine works on both and looks like this

butane-propane-gas-regulator-30-mbar.jpg

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
not tryed propane on butane but the other way round it would not work?
also looks the same just the pin is longer on propane one.

Deleted User
Bought mine in Spain and they only sell the one type of regulator that fits propane and butane. The unregulated connector has a screw thread on the outlet but as far as I know also fits both. Not bought one in Portugal but they are only cheap, maybe buy a new one.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Well i have a reg for butane also propane the type that you just push the pipe in and secure with a clip
tryed the Butane but would not release the gas as the pin is longer in the propane one.
It is just a dodgy regulator.Happens sometimes. Even happens occasionally when they've worked for years , then suddenly the pin won't depress the bottle valve.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Might try get hold or borrow a butane bottle to try then it will be a lot easyer to run on ether.
Might have just been a dodgy pin.
Thanks Gus.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Might try get hold or borrow a butane bottle to try then it will be a lot easyer to run on ether.
Might have just been a dodgy pin.
Thanks Gus.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
The one i have on the van at the moment Came from Brownhills with a pigtail to fit the bulk head reg.

Deleted User
What you have sounds as though it is not a regulator but a connector that lets the full pressure of the bottle through a high pressure hose to the fixed bulkhead regulator. I bought one of these by mistake a few years ago in Spain, they are less than €10. I am not an expert but as far as I am aware these should only be connected via a high pressure hose with properly sealed and crimped threaded connectors, not by hose clips.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Yes your right the one from Brownhills is screwed to bulkhead regulator and also screws to the conector vear the flexible pipe ie, a big nut on one end and the small nut for the regulator.
Been into a rapsol shop and he also said it will fit propane or butane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back