orange light on gas fridge (1 Viewer)

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
On a Roadstar 786 2005 model I have no manual, good start!! Could anyone please tell me how to work the gas side of the fridge. It works fine on 240v but on gas I get an orange light flashing and it doesn't get cold! (just to add....If I set the fridge to 12v, the car battery goes flat! Even tho no light on the computerized display, but if I could get the gas on the fridge to work I will live with that). PS the gas works fine on the other appliances.

saxon

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4th year
We have a McLouis Tandy and when we switch the fridge to gas, we have to listen for the ignition. When the gas kicks in the light shows constant orange as opposed to 240v showing green. It should be constant if it has ignited.
Hope this helps
:winky:

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
You should have a button to push in and hold until the gas has lit. With the light flashing hold the button in, still keep holding it in for say 15-20 seconds after the gas has lit ( when the ticking stops and the orange light stays on)
The same procedure applies when your lighting a gas oven or ring, you have to keep holding the knob or button until the flame takes hold after ignition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Gas Fridge

We have a roadstar 786 reg 06 You should here the fridge ignition clicking and then here it fire up, the orange light do not go out when it is running!This light will glow when the fridge is working, Try turning on the gas in the locker go to the fridge and turn off the switch and then turn it on and you should here it trying to light ( clicking) if this do not work i would go and get the ignition checked.

We got caught out light you when we wild camped one night and forgot to turn the gas on it only takes about an hour before it will flating your battery.

Good Luck.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
your fridge should only work on 12v if the engine is running. the 12v is only to keep the fridge cool when you are travelling so ,unless anyone knows this van better, i'd say you had a fault on the fridge relay. probably a stuck contact in the relay.
as saxon said, switch on the gas switch(ours is orange) then set the temp dial , hold it in, and listen for the ignitor clicking. a lot of fridges have a viewing window at the inside bottom corner, you should be able to see the flame. failing that, when it should be lit put your hand over the upper vent and see if you can feel any heat.

just a though.........you have got the 'house' 12v turned on ?

john.

Last edited:

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There are some fridge manuals free in the download section of this site!

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
OK thanks for all the advice, really appreciated. I went back and tried turning it off, then on again and heard it click and light straight away. Unfortunately just prior I put a hole down the side of the van reversing in the dark, about a foot long!! S**T!! Suppose I should go to another section now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back