Orange is committed to excellent customer service (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have a pay as you go Orange phone. I had £65 credit before I set off for 3 weeks in France.

Every morning, usually before I woke a text would come through from Orange telling me that roaming internet would cost me 18p per MB. Not cheap but I can live with it for the occasional quick access to check on weather forecasts and email.

When I got back home I found my credit had dropped to £4.

My recent history usage does not go back far enough to spot where the money drained out.

After a long call with Orange it turns out that they were charging me 65pence per MB. They assure me that it is the correct cost. I assured them that they simply could not send me daily text messages saying the cost would be 18p per MB and then charge 65p.

Could I actually make him understand the point I was making - NO
Could I shift him from telling me that I was misinformed - NO

They promised to transfer me to a supervisor. After a ten minute wait I got the dial tone.

Eventually, I called back, I got to speak to a "grown up". They are refunding my £65 credit as a gesture of good will.

Now here's the skill testing question - What sort of accent did the customer service agent have when I first called?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
When I used to work with a Insurance company they changed their IT assistance help desk location almost annually.

The worst was Dublin. :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I always thought the Irish girls had the clearest and nicest voices in call centers.. the AOL girls were lovely to talk to..
One of my first GFs came from Dublin.. lovely accent..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I only found one way to get anything out of Orange/EE:

Mr Olaf Swantee Chief Executive; Email olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk; Telephone 0800 079 0032.

In my experience the Indian customer services line either makes promises it doesn't keep or cuts you off (both seemingly just to get rid of you and end the call within the allotted time).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back