Orange Grove Camper Stop Benidorm (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Sorry, IS IT open yet?

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not as far as i Know.. Typical of Spain, they let it open. Run a while, no doubt accepted all the local taxes off the owners then "bang" made them shut it... From memory something to do with the site area or size ?? 1/2 meter out somewhere...

@PhilandMena Out at Alfaz de pi.. Not a great location unless you have transport car/scooter etc..
I went once to ask about leaving van there in August while i stayed at my apartment... Not very helpful, place was 3/4 empty and they still wanted almost full price... :(

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Not as far as i Know.. Typical of Spain, they let it open. Run a while, no doubt accepted all the local taxes off the owners then "bang" made them shut it... From memory something to do with the site area or size ?? 1/2 meter out somewhere...
It was a hot topic in the English press in Spain for a number of years. They had opened without a license and resisted the authorities to get them to cease operation through the courts. Lots of complaints about the access road suitability.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Run by the lady who is the editor of the brit news paper.. It was supposed to re-open this year as it was re-measured and seems to have grown the extra bit.. No idea if it actually opened though

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Both the Orange Grove and the one below it were shut up this year when we tried. A real shame as the location was fantastic for cycling to Benidorm without staying in the crazy place. The access road is no problem and more than big enough so not sure why they've both shut. Fingers crossed they re-open.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Cycled up there last month, well shut now with Privado on the gates. Interestingly there are 3-4 MHs in there but they were there last year too. I thought it was a nice site when we stayed after it opened, easy cycle to Albir and Altea.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
A Not uncommon event I fear?. "Licences" and "Permits" appear to be hard to come by, especially if you are NOT Spanish!. We have a guy in our village, who learned and spoke good Spanish, wanted to build his own house in Spain, after 5years of trying, during which time he even worked for a Spanish Builder, they gave up and came back to England!!. The Big issue? "Permissions".

Many years back, there was a Co-operative, who attempted to start up a camping site Near Cartama. (?????? Motorhome home club). They eventually went belly up and mothballed the site, the reason was "access"? and "permissions".

And they try and tell us there is no Corruption in the EU?.

PS. My Estimation is Location:- 38.591953, -0.096429

Pete

Last edited:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
It's taken our Spanish neighbours over 5 years to put everything in place that the various authorities have been asking for at the camperstop here. They're still expecting to have to do more!

They, the neighbours, think that some, if not all, of the other private camperstops in the Murcia region, may be at risk of closure if they haven't got all their permissions etc in order. The regional government office in Murcia weren't aware of any such places existing when our neighbours applied!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back