Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
You should have no problems taking your dogs around the village, I am not sure if they would be allowed in the visitor centre though.
There is a free aire de service at Oradour, the place is well worth a visit.

Brisey.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No dogs

FAQs
10) Can I take my dog into the ruins and or the Centre de la Mémoire?

The short answer is "No", but there is an exception for guide dogs of all types, however normal dogs are specifically excluded. This exclusion is mentioned on the information boards outside the Centre de la Mémoire and is unambiguous.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• centrdog.jpg
    centrdog.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As Geo says, no dogs. The supermarket in the village also always has very good offers on with wine ::bigsmile:.

maroom2

Free Member
Apr 4, 2011
l,estartit,costa brava
Funster No
MH
bessacarr
Exp
rookie
dogs

there is a retired belgian guy with a dog who "lives" on the aires at oradour.wen we were there in march he did dogsit 4 a german couple,who then bought him a couple of bottles of wine.hope that helps

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't know if it's still the same but when we went, the access to the actual village was via the 'Memory centre'. So if you can't take a dog in there, that means the whole place.

It is rather like visiting a church ......... and very very quiet in the village which adds to the atmosphere. Also very few birds in the village itself when we went. That made me shiver because I've heard that said about Auschwitz and other such places ....

Very good baker/patissiere/ice cream shop/cafe in the new village!

wooly

Free Member
May 17, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 Years
Hi, We visited three years ago, we didn't read the signs and took our little terrier into the village and the visitor centre. Once into the village it wasn't long before we were persued by an official who, in a dog loveing country, was not very polite, but did suggest in the end that if we carried Bobby at all times we could finish the tour.
Michael

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
we are planning to visit here too in the next two weeks didnt realise there is an aire there, is it within walking distance of the memorial?
dont know bout dogs....never owned one!!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The air is across the road,a 2 minute walk.

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Oradour

We were in Oradour last week. It is well worth a visit. The Aire is a good walk from the memorial but there is a car park near the memorial.
Elizabeth

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Oradour sur Glane is only 45 minutes or so from Parc Verger, and we have dog-sat for guests who wanted to visit the Martyr Village. Not only that, but we have a superb dog walk just 100m from our entrance, and many other walks locally. Our local vet is also on Jim's listing, speaks English, and has dealt with dog passports for many visitors. So do not feel restricted if you want the experience of visiting Oradour sur Glane - it is something you will never forget.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
we are planning on visiting oradour sur glane next easter on our way south.

Thanks to everyone for posting all the information, i have been looking for a camp site nearby,,,,, and now i have found out there is a aires close to it. Brilliant.:thumb:
Lou

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back