Oracle VM VirtualBox (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I sometimes have to support my clients windows needs so have a copy of windows installed in virtualbox which I boot up off my Linux system.

It is very good software and very easy to use.

The strange thing is Windows actually boots faster under linux on VirtualBox than it does on the hardware direct :ROFLMAO:

I have been using it since before Sun bought it off Innotek and before Oracle bought Sun....I use it a lot for things where I need direct access to the hardware which KVM doesn't support.

Nowdays I use KVM which is the built in virtualisation for Linux. But I do fall back on Virtual box when I need to give windows direct access to certain hardware (pass thru)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Virtual box

Free to download and easy to install. I use it to run Windows XP on a MacBook and it is quick and efficient once you have worked out how to get USBs to work!

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Yes, excellent software & free.

Useful to run in windows and install a windows in it. If you save the windows installed in virtual box as a master copy. if you pick up something nasty whilst surfing you just kill the virtual box your running and load up another copy of the master windows install.

As far as I'm aware (anyone know for sure) that your host windows system is safe fro anything that the virtual box picks up.

Quite interesting running mac OSX in windows or vista / Xp on win 7.

Think you will find a couple of tutorials on Utube.

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back