Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
Yeah I have a MH. I didnt realize it made a difference with it. Or have I just had a very bad blonde moment.:RollEyes::cry::Blush:

Also the awning I have at the moment is fine but its the roll out canopy thats the issue. The edges have gone and cant connect the two together. By the looks of the link you gave it is only for the sides and front.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Im looking to possibly buy one of these. Has anyone had any experience of these and how do they compare to others.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/fiamma-caravanstore-zip-4-10m.html

We once bought one for a caravan, but very awkward to put away- you have to roll it up and try to get it in the bag - not easy when your van is about 7 or8 ft above the ground. A wind-out one is the better option, much easier, and designed for motorhomes.
Hope this helps, Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have the wind out canopy with the fiamma zip store to zip to it. We use it even just for a weekend. The wind out awning gets used vertually every time were out. Ralph has fixed brackets to the side of the motorhome so he doesn't have to fix into the ground. Good if on Tarmac or hard standing. The zip sides are used more so at winter time. Then we can still use the cadac to BBQ and have a bit of sheltered outside space if its throwing it down. Space to take wet clothes boots off , dry the dogs off before going inside the motorhome.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Just bought a Cheyenne 630s (s/h) with one included. Well designed, easy to put up and seems to be very substantially made. :thumb:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
We have the wind out canopy with the fiamma zip store to zip to it. We use it even just for a weekend. The wind out awning gets used vertually every time were out. Ralph has fixed brackets to the side of the motorhome so he doesn't have to fix into the ground. Good if on Tarmac or hard standing. The zip sides are used more so at winter time. Then we can still use the cadac to BBQ and have a bit of sheltered outside space if its throwing it down. Space to take wet clothes boots off , dry the dogs off before going inside the motorhome.

So its possible to use a Fiamma Awning throughout the year? I have an F45s fitted, i've used it during this summer and always pegged down.....But I am slightly worried that it might not survive a decent gust of wind(sometimes I even take it down at night!)...If I purchase the sides etc, do you think i could use it throughout the year...other than severe weather? :Smile: It would save me buying a driveaway awning.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have seen plenty of fiamma and omnistors with and without safari rooms get wrecked by the wind. if the ground is soft, it will quickly release the pegs, and the whole lot will be up and on the roof of your van in seconds

because of this we only use our fiamma canopy when theres no or little wind and always take it in at night even though we also use straps to resist moderate gusts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back