Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Hollyberry, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Hello everyone
    I'd planned to travel back to the UK to buy a m/home but now reckon I'll have to buy here in France. (registration, insurance etc..)
    Could I have opinions on this please:
    http://www.leboncoin.fr/caravaning/220190942.htm?ca=2_s[
    I know the interior is a bit garish, but am more interested in the work it has had done.

Any opinions welcome!!!/B]

2. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Well its white and it looks OK put wot do i know WELL you did ask:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

had to use Google to translate ..

Definitely worth a closer inspection and test drive... take along someone with mechanical knowledge .. does it come with any warranty ?

4. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Thanks--sorry, I forgot it's in French (duhhhh) which translates automatically on my laptop. thanks for putting the translation.

With all it's had done, would I look for anything else related to these?

5. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Ah well for once didn't have any trouble reading it :Laughing::Laughing:

Frankie:BigGrin:

BTW sounds nice! but i know nothing about motorhomes so not an interresting opinion

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

It doesn't seem to mention its age. From the look of it it is the old shape, original Ducato, and the mileage is pretty high for a motorhome, however the price is good though the respray could cover a multitude of sins.

7. scotjimland

yes, good points .. but don't forget the French USE their vans.. and 100,000 miles isn't a big issue provided it's been regularly serviced ..

the previous owner has spent money on the engine and has a new clutch so probably thought it deserved a respray to smarten it up..

on the the other hand the cab could be full of rust .. so careful inspection needed .. especially underneath on the main chassis and cross members and in the foot wells.. also bottom of cab doors and wings.

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Seems Ok but as said elsewhere RUST! Look for places that have been filled, put your head sideways and look along the body work.

Check age of tyres as well

Peter

9. Terry

Terry Funster

Just my two-penerth :thumb: I notice the ceiling has plastic ship-lap on it :Eeek: They sometimes use it to cover up after leaks :Eeek: so be aware :thumb: but don't let it put you off - more bargaining power :thumb::Wink:
    terry

10. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Wow, thanks everyone, you mentioned things I hadn't thought of--filler and & the ceiling cover.

The m/homes are much higher mileage here, as they tend to get used more and even in my car i really clock up the kms.
    There is a lovely LHD on Ebay UK, exactly what I want but it's in Norfolk :cry:

11. scotjimland

very observant Terry.. I never spotted that until you pointed it out ..maybe the owner had some surplus from doing the house :Laughing:

12. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

To check for filler (cos these things rust in front of your eyes), have a very small magnet in your hand, and run it lightly over the bodywork. Pay particular attention to the base of the windscreen area, the doors, the front wing area, etc.
    Where there is filler, the magnet won't try to stick to the bodywork. If that is the case, walk away....................far away.

An opinion borne of first hand knowledge of one of these rust-traps.

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If that is from LHD Motorhomes it will be a German one and will still have all the German documentation

I bought our first decent one from the chap and have sent a few folk to him.. Absolute diamond of a guy.. works from home which is a small holding just north of Watton, some 20 miles from me

If you really fancy it and that is the guy, I could take a rider out there and look it over for you ..

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Sorry.. got the one you are looking at and I do not know the chap.. BUT ! It is in the same area so the offer stands if you want me to take a look