Opinion from German Van owners. Re: TecTower vs Thetford Over (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Maybe you should buy a single share in Dometic
Then you could stand up at their AGM and tell them what rubbish they make, on behalf of the thousands of Motorhome owners across Europe who struggle with their products every day.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks guys and girls for all your input.
Started out with me favoring the Thetford and Mi the TecTower now I'm for the TecTower and she is .leaning towards the Thetford.
May have to toss a coin.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Thanks guys and girls for all your input.
Started out with me favoring the Thetford and Mi the TecTower now I'm for the TecTower and she is .leaning towards the Thetford.
May have to toss a coin.
Maybe the answer is whoever does the cooking has the final decision? I do all the cooking, and would not be that happy to let Swmbo choose the cooker that she'd never use....bit like me getting to choose the vacuum cleaner :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
had a TEC tower in our last van which was aHobby , had it for 4 years, too high for safety, food undercooked or over cooked now got a UK van with a full oven, Brilliant !!!, we use the van a lot all year round

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The jets are smaller so things take longer.
I thought it also said to heat up oven first?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We've got used to our tec tower oven, bung it on full and vary the times, seems to work for us. Would much rather have the extra storage than a full oven. We were quite disappointed when we saw the new B544 with a full oven, made us think we will have to make this one last.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We've got used to our tec tower oven, bung it on full and vary the times, seems to work for us. Would much rather have the extra storage than a full oven. We were quite disappointed when we saw the new B544 with a full oven, made us think we will have to make this one last.
In all Hymer's the Full cooker is always an option, no Oven as standard in any Hymer and TecTowers not available in all models due to layout constraints.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Had a tec tower in our last van ( hobby ) we all hated it, in this one we have a cooker so less room that side but gained a big cupboard on top of the fridge freezer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back