Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Eurotunnel Asking for more cash!
Can we not send them Borris 's Redundant Water Cannon. not only could we extinguish these fires, we wash away the protesters.
and the immigrants.

Never mind the 'away' bit,,,,,, just the wash would be a welcome bonus whilst having to inhale the stink whilst stuck in the queue. Even the sniffer dogs wear muzzle masks.

:getmecoat:

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
  • Latest Travel Information
  • For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
    For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 4 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 23/07/2015 - 06:38 (GMT +1hr)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
As of this morning at 7am the dad's ferry to dunkirk is running 1.5nhours late ,operation stack is in place . The drive down was not bad no hold ups

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I noticed yesterday that some car and MH drivers were queuing outside the entrance with the lorries rather than driving past them, and entering the terminal

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Are there no signs for cars and MH's to go past the lorries?
I am on a ferry on Sat is it the same situation do i have to drive past lorries to get to the port or queue up with them? Getting really nervous now that we will get in the wrong queue. First time on a ferry to Europe :-(

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Are there no signs for cars and MH's to go past the lorries?
I am on a ferry on Sat is it the same situation do i have to drive past lorries to get to the port or queue up with them? Getting really nervous now that we will get in the wrong queue. First time on a ferry to Europe :-(
No. The lorries are on the inside lane on the approach to Dover and other traffic in the outside lane so you drive past them. Just watch the signs and you'll be ok (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We drove to Dover yesterday, you will have to be careful, there is no warning of the lorry queue, so be ready to slow down. You drive past the lorries, they are stacked in the hard shoulder and lanes 1&2, as you approach Dover the police are directing traffic.
Apart from a lengthy delay at passport control, the journey was fine. Calais was fine, no sign of any problems, we are now pitched up in Luxembourg:)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are thinking of sticking to the A2 to approach Dover, i assume the lorries are on the M20/A20? Will that be a better approach? Dfds say approach that way. Wont be happy till we are parked up and ready to load :-(

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm sitting at the Dover ferry terminal right now ,the dfds website says delays of 30 mind but the guy at the office said 1.5 hours ,the drive down was not that bad , I took the A2 and went past Canterbury

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
We are thinking of sticking to the A2 to approach Dover, i assume the lorries are on the M20/A20? Will that be a better approach? Dfds say approach that way. Wont be happy till we are parked up and ready to load :-(
That's the way I came this morning at 6am it was fine

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I haven't looked at the traffic today, but yesterday it was very heavy going on the M20/A20 approach. I had considered the M2, but didn't in the end. We had to crawl past the lorries in lane 3.
I would guess that the situation is worse today, so yes go M2 route.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
neither route looks good, trust my luck, not leaving till 4'ish so fingers crossed....

M20 Kent Southbound
8Incident type: disruption
DISRUPTION
between J11 for B2068 Hythe Kent
and J11A for Channel Tunnel Terminal

Broken Link Removed

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The ferry is in port now and the trucks and cars are disembarking as I type ,I estimate that they are running 1 hour late at this point in time ,I'd leave plenty early if you are aiming to be on the continent today

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So what's the hold up today, just shear weight of traffic? If so when is it ever going to clear.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
will go M2...and leave earlier:(

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Dont have the time or the inclination to read through this thread but I have a couple of questions for anyone in the know.;)
Are the french still on strike.
What is their strike all about.
What areas of departure are affected.
Are the strikers causing problems at the tunnel.
Why are the french authorities allowing walkers into the tunnel.
Hows that for starters.:)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Dont have the time or the inclination to read through this thread but I have a couple of questions for anyone in the know.;)

Are the french still on strike. - Yes

What is their strike all about. - The sale of myferrylink from Eurotunnel to DFDS, around 400 jobs will be lost. They are "sitting in" on one of the myferrylink ships in Calais port

What areas of departure are affected. - Calais port on and off & Eurotunnel on and off

Are the strikers causing problems at the tunnel. - yes, on and off

Why are the french authorities allowing walkers into the tunnel. - don't know the answer to that

Hows that for starters.:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks scousebird that helps, not that I'm planing to use the ferry this year but I like to keep up.(y)
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare for the users. Does the stack stay put or are the lorries dribble fed on to the ferries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back