Operation Stack (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Our government could spend British tax payers' money here creating a compound for these lorries.

I believe the Government aren't necessarily opposed to doing just that. Lots of people who live in Kent don't like the idea though. @scousebird knows what's going on there.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
One example I keep hearing and always makes me laugh is the "they only need to close one lane" argument. If they did that with both phase one and two of Operation Stack in place the queue would reach either back onto the M25, across the QE2 bridge to more or less the A12 junction or alternatively going the other way it would be just past the M23 (Gatwick) exit. That's a great idea isn't it? If they made it 2 lanes the queue would still be onto the M25.
Maybe the police should allow that to happen - total gridlock in the south east - then Essex police, East Sussex police and possibly the Met police would have to get involved - then maybe an alternative solution would be sought and a decision about a viable HGV parking facility be made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Maybe the police should allow that to happen - total gridlock in the south east - then Essex police, East Sussex police and possibly the Met police would have to get involved - then maybe an alternative solution would be sought and a decision about a viable HGV parking facility be made.

It would be interesting. I bet it wouldn't have to happen very often before they sorted something. Massively expanding the services off J11 would seem to be a possible way to do it.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Apparently French Ferry Workers have set tyres on fire on the motorway near Eurotunnel Entrance
Just saw details on BBC news mobile app, do no link to post
Hope its sorted out soon
We come back to UK Thursday

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Union action, so no problem with that then. ;)

think you are confusing rioting and arson with legitimate union action ..

they aren't strikers.. they are criminals..

anyway.. the thread is for information.. not politics :p

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
We crossed back at 10.50 this morning. Everywhere was deserted!

No delays, no immigrants. Now back in north west and wodering if our huge bug collection on MH should be preserved for biological importance. 10 days and 2500 miles means lots of bugs!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Pah! 10 days worth and 2,500 miles - just get on with cleaning and polishing them off - nobody is interested!

I bet I had a lot more having done a month abroad in June and July and nearer 5,000 miles.

Washing was not enough I needed half a day on my decorating trestle to polish off the bug residue on the "low" bulge above my windscreen on my AutoTrail using Silky!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have two years and 5000 miles worth on ours, cleaning motors isn't my thing I'm afraid

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
DFDS & P&O ferries are running late, that's probably why stack is back on

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We went out from Dover to Calais on 2nd July, should have been 04.20am on 3rd July but as we arrived early at Dover we asked if it was possible to go Thursday night and we were on the 9.50pm ferry, with P & O of course, on our return we should have been on the 7.45am ferry on 18th July, but as we had been to cite de Europe shopping centre in the day, we went to Calais ferry port to see if we could go on an earlier ferry Friday night, and great we were on the 6.50pm ferry to Dover, we had no problems at all, but felt sorry for the miles and miles of lorries parked up in Dover and Calais.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are going on Saturday but have all day to get there as we are staying overnight in Dover. Looking at the map would it be better to leave the M25 at junc 7 and head for the A2/M2 route?

Or stay on the M25 and join the A2 - M2 that way?

Last edited:
OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We are going on Saturday but have all day to get there as we are staying overnight in Dover. Looking at the map would it be better to leave the M25 at junc 7 and head for the A2/M2 route?

Or stay on the M25 and join the A2 - M2 that way?
Probably better to stay on the M25 until the A2/M2. If op stack is bad then all the roads around the M20 get bad. Check @Judgemental's link above before you leave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back