Opening HTML Files in IE7 (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Anyone have any idea why i can't open a HTML file in my Vista version of Windows Internet Explorer IE7, it was working fine a few weeks ago but now it just hangs and i have to wait and then close it down, it seems to work OK when using it on the web, but it won't allow me to open a HTML file that is on my hard drive or DVD,

any suggestions would be appreciated

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
First thing I would check is whether the files open correctly in another browser (e.g. Opera).

If they don't then it would point to an error in the files but if they do the problem is likely to be with the settings in IE7.

Check the settings on the Security tab under Tools/Options for Local Intranet and the Security settings on the Advanced tab. They might have been inadvertently changed and be causing a block.

Graham

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Graham

Thanks for the advice, i think you must be correct regarding the settings as I downloaded Safari and everything worked fine, and now I have downloaded IE8 beta and that works fine, so i think you are correct in a settings problem

thanks again for the help, its really appreciated

Braunston

First thing I would check is whether the files open correctly in another browser (e.g. Opera).

If they don't then it would point to an error in the files but if they do the problem is likely to be with the settings in IE7.

Check the settings on the Security tab under Tools/Options for Local Intranet and the Security settings on the Advanced tab. They might have been inadvertently changed and be causing a block.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi, Graham

Thanks for the advice, i think you must be correct regarding the settings as I downloaded Safari and everything worked fine, and now I have downloaded IE8 beta and that works fine, so i think you are correct in a settings problem

thanks again for the help, its really appreciated

Braunston

Glad you managed to sort it out.

Apple keep trying to get me to download Safari every time I do an iTunes software update but I've resisted so far just in case it messes something up :Smile:

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Not impressed with IE8 beta at the moment.Definately slower and the "FUN" site frames do not display properly.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back