Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
This has probably been asked before but cant find anything doing a search,also tried google and this site seems the best http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=248 but when I specify open all year still comes up with loads that aren't.Travelling down through France to Spain in Feb and trying to plan our overnight stops but difficult find concise list of the ones that are open at that time of year.Our plan at the moment is take as straight line as possible avoiding toll roads,which leads to my next question is there any roads we should avoid because of elevation with and increased risk of snow?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This thread was posted a few days ago it may help Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thanks that's a great help:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you are looking for a route through to Spain, this link sets out one that minimises the use of toll roads. I have not tried it, but will be doing so in March.

As for sites that are open all year along that route you may have problems. I have an ACSI discount card and have followed the route through on their maps looking for sites close by that are open in March with only a little success. There is one South or Rouen, another in Chartres and another couple in the Loire valley East of Orleans. After that there is a big gap until you get to one North and one South of Clermont-Ferrand.

I am about to buy the Aires book to see if I can find any more places we could stop to give us more flexibility, but at the moment you cannot just rely on being able to find a place when you feel like stopping. It may need a bit more planning than that in winter and early spring.

Oct 8, 2013
Jersey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The big picture

I always start off from St Malo as I live in jersey and I have found my snooper now 2 years old now out of date with regards to poi's but you can download archies_swc on to your satnav or iPad which I think is the best for winter touring, for example, the municipal campsite in Rennes does not appear in the snooper under acsi etc. as 50% of the campsites are not acsi members. Archie's camping downloads at least give the big picture of what's out there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back