'Open All Year' Campsites - website/guide/poi (1 Viewer)

KeithS

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2009
Can anyone advise of a good resource to find campsites in Europe that are open all year? I'm referring here to 'campsites' as opposed to 'aires.'

Maybe there is a website or campsite guide that would be useful. I've had a look at ACSI and whilst there are a lot of sites listed, it seems that most are closed October to April.

A poi download of 'all year' sites would also be great.

With thanks

KeithS

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi

:Smile: Travelled to Barcelona in March through central France, most sites are closed but I phoned a few from the UK and booked - to find that they were almost empty anyway.

On the way back we drove up the West coast of France, using our Aires book found a site open each night by phoning ahead before we set off in the morning - sites were still pretty empty (except for one near Boulogne)

:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Try this one
http://www.campsitefindereurope.com/

*select country

* select pitch type ... then tick 'open all year'

Don't know of any POI sets with that criteria ... but if you feel inclined you could compile one from the information gleaned from this and other web sites .. useful project

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Look no further! Where better than Parc Verger - open all year, great pitches (grass and hardstandings, fully-serviced if you want),decent showers/toilets, 16A ehu, free wifi, and a minimum 10% discount for Funsters. See the reports on MHFun Campsite Reviews.::bigsmile:

Come for Christmas (champagne reception Christmas morning) and New Year (beer & bbq lunch New Years Day) (both weather permitting), and for a pitch with 2 adults you'll pay a special price of just 16 Euros per night (= approx £12.30) incl ehu. Minimum 4-night stay, bookings essential.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Look no further! Where better than Parc Verger

Rumour has it there are some pretty dodgy characters on that site. Why else are the riot police on permanent standby ?

PS

If you change your position to 0.91956E 45.71540N Google Maps will understand it and allow people to give you a wide berth.

Last edited:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
It's OK - the riot police are clearing all three of them out this morning, though we're letting them buy from the baker's van first.....:ROFLMAO:

Then watch out Spain, they'll be on their way these, so those going in that direction may find the border closed!::bigsmile:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
ASCI are slowly but surely driving me around the bend!! Many of the sites shown as open all year are not in fact open to tourers (just statics) , not ACSI's fault of course. Most links they gave in reply to me failed to work. I contacted them re this and they have now changed the way they give links, leaving the campsite required to contact us direct - they never do?!! :cry:
Have managed to book for Christmas in Belgium but hoped to move to another location either in Belgium or in Zeeland, Netherlands but no joy whatsoever.
Just tried Camperstop but very few open all year.
About to give up on this entire plan but we have booked Eurotunnel.....:Doh:
This is hard work when no sites ever reply!! I have even become confident in the Dutch language and send in requests direct to websites but....no, they don't reply either!!! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for listening, I feel better now......!!! :Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
they are probably shut ::bigsmile:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Its probably best to try and ring the campsite instead of emailing them. Most Dutch speak perfect English.

Sonja

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Look no further! Where better than Parc Verger - open all year, great pitches (grass and hardstandings, fully-serviced if you want),decent showers/toilets, 16A ehu, free wifi, and a minimum 10% discount for Funsters. See the reports on MHFun Campsite Reviews.::bigsmile:
Bob
www.parcverger.com

What is the distance and running time from Calais to Parc Verger by: a)Toll Roads and b)by National routes/roads.

Thanks

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back