Op recovery... (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
In all fairness Sedge has been very helpful to me in the past and is very knowlegable on the subject...even though we have never meet advised me on the phone regards the condition. Let's face it if you want to survive this many if us become evangelical. It's a survival tactic..

Diabetes the silent killer:...take it seriously before it takes you. The amount of young people with missing limbs I have seen is very depressing but some of us can avoid this outcome if prepared to make the effort

Stay well xx
I hope my daughter (type 1 since 3ys old) gets a chance to talk to you at some time Eddie.....
Can't believe you are 63 though:LOL:........& hope the house viewing went well.........x

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I hope my daughter (type 1 since 3ys old) gets a chance to talk to you at some time Eddie.....
Can't believe you are 63 though:LOL:........& hope the house viewing went well.........x

I cant believe it myself:LOL:

younger wife and kids I think..Age is an attitude, but then I do still have my own hair and teeth:)

Happy to talk to her PM me (especially if she looks anything like you:coffee:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Simply because I had turned the page and read on by then - plus of course I am not actually having a go at you at all - but merely wanting EVERYBODY to learn more Minxy. So you have actually missed my point by thinking that I was having a go at you personally !

(It's rather like offering a recovering alcoholic, alcohol to celebrate a month off the booze, innit!!)
I didn't say you were having a go at me did I? I just couldn't understand WHY you didn't put my name as it was so obviously concerning my post!

As for the alcohol comparison - now that IS insulting! An alcoholic is addicted and one drink can 'tip' them off the wagon as they can't usually resist, whereas a diabetic isn't 'addicted' to cake and CAN actually have some without issues (so long as they are sensible as they should be) so to use that is out of order.

You may know a lot about diabetes and be able to help people but that doesn't give you carte blance to belittle those of us who are NOT so well versed. By all means help to educate people but as Fenman said, your earlier posts would definitely make me NOT want to read anymore from you as they do, IMV, come across as santimonious too.

To be totally honest and to quote you "Folks I'm going to say it" ... this isn't the first time I've 'felt' uncomfortable reading some of your posts on othe threads ... there are ways and means of saying something without alienating people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Eddie wishing you a speedy recovery and with your positive attitude your soon be in your new imported m/home touring them lakes in Italy On your Bosch electric bike! All the best and keep them posts comming on :)

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi Eddie
So sorry to read about your problem. We have not met as yet but am sure we will at some point. Thought I'd just wish you the best for the future. I was a volunteer driver for the N&N hospital and took a lot of renail patients for dialysis both in and on their return to home so am aware what it will be like for you. Although it's not my business but a lot of the patients had free transport which is very helpful especially the return trip so if you can get this it's would help a lot. Very best for the future.
Ray & Joy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I cant believe it myself:LOL:

younger wife and kids I think..Age is an attitude, but then I do still have my own hair and teeth:)

Happy to talk to her PM me (especially if she looks anything like you:coffee:)
;)......

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Eddie I wish you all the luck in the world with your coming ordeal and hope that all your wishes come true God Bless and this prayer that my Dad gave me many years ago I know you will appreciate it as I did

There is no problem too big. and no question too small
Just ask God in Faith and he.ll answer them all
Not always at once so be patient and wait
For God never comes Too soon or to late

So trust in his Wisdom and believe in his word
for no prayer unanswered
And no prayer unheard

xxx

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Update on its way...not good

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Always enjoyed reading your posts, Judge. Even when I think you're wrong,:whistle:

Best wishes. Sorry to hear that things are not going as well as you hoped. Will keep our fingers crossed for you.

PS.

You were one of the first on the Forum to offer us advice in answer to a query. On that occasion I thought you were right.(y)

Good luck.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Eddie, we don't know you, but are very concerned about you. We love your posts, and your advice was invaluable to us in importing our van from Germany. (We also share your political views.)
We're thinking about you, and wishing you all the best.
Chris and Graham

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I hard to put into words my thoughts, so all I can say is, best of luck..........

PS my wife thought you were Chris Evens, sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back