Oops! Sorry mate. (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So, here we are on a site in Crest, Drome, France.

On the way down it rained all the way and it is belting it down now.

On arrival at the site the Patron showed us to our pitch stating that, due to the heavy rain only a few pitches would take the weight of the motorhome without bogging down. We pitched where he took us.

Ten minutes later we got a load of abuse from a Dutch motorhomer on the next pitch for pitching next to him on an almost empty Campsite. He had watched us be guided into position by the owner and not said anything at the time.

Even though we explained the reason for our nearness to him he continued to complain until we told him to take it up with the Patron, whereby he slammed his door and sulked.

We dislike the idea of people parking up too close as well but, with the weather as it is there is sometimes no choice if the site owner is to protect his pitches.

Anyhow, "Sorry mate", doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

The good news is he is leaving tomorrow. Now, just wait until someone takes his pitch then I can complain to them about them pitching too close to us. I can hardly wait!:D

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Probably stoned off his face and run out of cheese. That's enough to start that lot off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I hope you never put your finger in his dyke :eek::D

Paul240

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Nivillac
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
Lets hope he doesn't try any of the free places in the towns in France. At Redon on the boat basin you can hardly get a credit card between vans!

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I once had a Dutch motorhome park about 50 cm from our MH.
His wife then came and asked me to move so he could get his motorcycle out of his garage.
But they are not all like that.

ps

No I did not move:)

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I once had a Dutch motorhome park about 50 cm from our MH.
His wife then came and asked me to move so he could get his motorcycle out of his garage.
But they are not all like that.

ps

No I did not move:)
I agree.

In the past we have met many Dutch people and got on well with them. However, last year and this we have met the more obnoxious types.

We always treat every new acquaintance with respect and hope for the best. Seldom are we disappointed, but there are good and bad everywhere.

Our main worry now is the heavy thunderstorm forecast for tomorrow evening, with large hail and strong winds. Totally our fault as we left Burgundy because it was cold and wet. Here it is warmer but the rain is intense.

The first two weeks in April were gorgeous but, if Britain is facing a drought, as we heard on the news, we can post you some of this water to help you out.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I could let you know a few choice words in Dutch if you like.

Mel

Or , a few others, in French, coming out of my personnal dictionnary! He wouldn't have understood a word!

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I had a lot of abuse from a Dutchman on La Torreta last year and everything he called me I just said the same to you, he then told me to watch out as he would retaliate in some way when I was out.
I then reported the abuse to the office and one of the staff came down and sorted him out in some way and I had no problems thereafter.

John.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I hope you never put your finger in his dyke :eek::D

Long long ago I had to explain that to a Dutch Sheila, little boy, run away from home, saw dyke leaking, saved town by sticking finger in Dyke, little Dutch boy huge hero!

She said "What the hell are you talking about? it never happened!"

Had to explain it was a children's story.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So we got up this morning to find our Dutch "friend" sitting in his chair so close to our motorhome that we could hardly open the door. My wife revealed that when we arrived yesterday he was very abusive to her but she hadn't told me at the time as "she knew what I was like".

I decided to have a "quiet" word with him only to be greeted by "Good morning, it's a lovely day. What are your plans?"

Clearly he had thought about his attitude overnight and decided to change it.

Shame really. Took the wind right out of my sails!

By the time I had recovered my equilibrium they had left. Sod it!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
So we got up this morning to find our Dutch "friend" sitting in his chair so close to our motorhome that we could hardly open the door. My wife revealed that when we arrived yesterday he was very abusive to her but she hadn't told me at the time as "she knew what I was like".

I decided to have a "quiet" word with him only to be greeted by "Good morning, it's a lovely day. What are your plans?"

Clearly he had thought about his attitude overnight and decided to change it.

Shame really. Took the wind right out of my sails!

By the time I had recovered my equilibrium they had left. Sod it!

Sounds like a result to me! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back