Only 1 funster spotted

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by PORKSTER, Nov 22, 2014.

1. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Just as our 3 week trip is ending I have just realised I only bumped onto 1 funster. Actually I think he approached me that was Davidg58 had a chat with him at Parc Verger. Reading this forum I thought nearly everyone was in this side of the water but I searches for the stickers everywhere. Anyhow had a great trip first abroad in our Van it been great and all your story's have helped. We have learnt a lot roll on next one cheers Paul

• Like Like x 4
  2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Paul, but if you were only to meet one funster .. boy you met the loveliest ones around... :) .... Hope you and David and Bev all had a lovely time together.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tootles

Tootles Funster

You could always verify if it was him. Did his fridge door hang out of a side window??? (y)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

It just goes to show how popular motorhoming is.
    There are lord knows how many thousand members on here and an AWFUL lot of us have 'Fun' stickers.. yet we are still just a tiny minority..
    Even in the last 7 or 8 years since we started I reckon the amount of motor homes on the road has leapt up amazingly !

• Like Like x 2
  5. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

if its any consolation Paul, you were the only other MHF stickered MH we saw

(y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I try my hardest to see another, but no the vans I do see have no stickers on that I can see.
    I have put my GRIN REAPER on the back but still no funsters wave as they go past.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Got lots of waves and a really excited frantic wave from lady in hire motorhome. Sitting waiting for early train now just had some nice frites though ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  8. LAM

LAM Funster

That was probably me Porkster, I even wave to mhs when in our car !!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

Seen no funsters since left uk in sept.
    Don't use many campsites but always keep our eyes peeled on the road.
    Expect to see a few in maroc!

10. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Funster

I think that you were the first funster we ever met out of a rally early this year and that was after 4years and 12 countries.Hope to see you both again sometime. Martin &Sue

11. jumar

jumar Funster

The first Funster sticker we saw was on the motorhome of Ken and Steph when they came to the camperstop here two years ago. We have since met other Funsters who have visited. The only other sticker we have seen was last Monday on a motorhome on Marjal Costa Blanca but no-one was around to speak to. Was it you?

12. tinhat

tinhat

I have only ever seen 2 stickers and both times I knocked on their door and introduced myself. I'm determined to say hello to every funster I see (the ones that are showing their stickers). Watch out all you funsters in Portugal....we are around and may just be knocking on your door next !!!!!!
    Ruth

• Like Like x 1
  13. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I think we had a minor skirmish up on Kintyre in August before you left :D

you are one of very few we have met on the road (I think it was you anyway) :)

14. Debs

Debs Funster

The only other sticker we have seen was on Makems van when we had just collected ours in Sept. We met another couple last week at Black Knowl who said they were on the forum but they didn't have a sticker. But then we've only been out 4 times:LOL:

I did notice driving home from Harrogate (driving south) earlier that we got loads of waves which has been completely opposite to our previous experiences (driving north):confused:

So I take it that all the friendly wavers are northern based?:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Apart from meets we have only seen one Funster sticker and that was @chrisboyo in France early in the year (and what a nice chap he is) so it's not unusual not to see anybody. I did see a van going past our house in Normans Bay a week or so ago but he turned round and went back out again. Don't know what we did to upset him :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

Yup. Guilty as charged.
    Also been telling porkies. Bumped into a new funster in playa d'aro a few weeks ago. Not sure of official moniker but could have been geordie boy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tinhat

tinhat

Well today at Silves we found a Funster with a Hymer.:LOL:....We would have knocked on his door but we couldn't because it was not there.:confused: There was a team of craftsmen working on it on the workbench (otherwise known to others as a chair) !!!!!:D